Thread: Having Anxiety every day for months

Having Anxiety every day for months

What do you do in situations where you dwell on something for a very long time? I almost think about a lump I've had for a year every day after getting it tested twice and reassurance on this site and with family. I can't seem to get over my fear, and where I live has the worst system for therapy because I've been on the waiting list for over half a year. I know very well I have health anxiety and these threads give me temporary ease, but I am so focused on this lump that has such a rare chance of being what I think it is I'd be more likely to be struck my lightning. I know I'm silly but I still worry of death and imagine having to leave my family behind. If anyone has methods or stress relief that has helped them overcome their fears I would love some feedback from other HA sufferers. Thank you so much.

Re: Having Anxiety every day for months

I read up on the cyst type the doctor suggested and it doesn't sound like it would be in this specific place plus it feels bigger so I'm flipping out. I am gonna set up another doctors appointment tomorrow because I cant handle these panic attacks.

I think you should be reassured after having a test. I have a lump in my neck the size of a coffee bean and the only testing I’ve had done is a doctor feeling it and telling me he’s not concerned.

I have a lump in my neck which has also only been diagnosed based on a GP having a quick feel of it. I also have a fleshy lump in my armpit that I freak out about almost every day even though two doctors have told me it’s nothing sinister (again just based on touch alone)

Having health anxiety makes us hyper sensitive to the slightest things on our body...things other people would just brush off. If a doctor and tests had reassured a “non-health anxiety” person, they’d accept it no problems, but not us!!!!!
    It’s an awful thing to live with, but it sounds like you have already accepted that it’s nothing to worry about...now you need to work on convincing yourself to believe it!!!

Thank you to both of your responses. I definitely have to agree that it's hard to move on when you have to deal with health anxiety! I have faith that I'll be okay but theres always the lurking what if that keeps me worried as silly as it sounds.

Update is I went to the doctor and am now going to have the lump removed (thank god) I feel really excited for this and for it to be part of the past. It's literally been a year of dread so I'm ready for it to be gone!! Theres still a scared part of me like, what if they realise it's dangerous when they get a better look but ey at least itll be gone.

Thread Information