Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Old issue new symptom - petrified about very bloody stool

Re: Old issue new symptom - petrified about very bloody stool

Morning all,

1 day to go till the colonoscopy.

This morning I ate my last solid meal, now only liquids until the test. I have noticed some interesting reactions. (advance warning for TMI)

I have been eating mostly white bread, crackers, pasta and some meat. I was worried I would be really bloated and constipated but weirdly... I have had mild cramping, loose-ish, pale stools (almost always with a bit of blood on paper and on stool - sometimes darkish, sometimes light and watery).

I am wondering whether the pale loosish stools are indicative of a gluten intolerance'??? Thought this was interesting. Would they be able to see this from looking at my colon or do I need to get further tests?

My anxiety is up and down. When I am calm I'm just focusing on the colonoscopy as a means of confirming bleeding from hemmies and releasing me from my other fears, I'm also trying to focus on after the test being FREE from the previous fears, free to eat what I want again. However on the flipside, the anxiety creeps in and I'm all about worst case scenario, feeling very sad and fearful for the future - or not believing I have a future.

Deep breaths...

xxx

Today is the day!

I finished with all the prep about 3 hours ago (did half last night and half this morning). Last night went better than this morning, this morning I felt nauseous from the beginning and had a mini accident (blush!) on my way to the loo one time but for the rest ok and think it's doing its job as almost transparent now so happy for that.

I'm also happy that today finally I find out what's going on in my bowels although scared shitless (haha, not the first to use this pun) about what they might find.

But it's nearly time (3 hours to go - gulp) and am looking forward to getting on with things.

Wish me luck
    xxxx

Good luck, Samina! I really hope you get some answers and well done for getting through all the horrible anticipatory anxiety.The worst bit is the prep beforehand.

Hi everyone, so update time... trigger warning as it wasn’t great news....

I wasn’t sure weather to post or not but I spoke with our wonderful guru and leader - Nicola - and she said I should xxx

So... the colonoscopy itself went fine, didn’t feel hardly anything, just the odd twinge here and there.
    At one point I saw they were looking at a patch with a few nodules and blood... I asked what it was and they said they’d explain all later...

I then went into recovery bay and after half an hour they came to get me and my hubby. The doctor who did the test said that they found something that in his eyes”didn’t look good”. They have taken biopsies which have been sent away - results in 20 days (ridiculous). Anyway, he told me that whatever the results, I had to have that part of my rectum removed. Then depending on what the biopsies and cat scan and possible boy an mri showed, I may have to do radiotherapy or chemo.

I’m in shock. But I’m going to fight this. I’ve already been in touch with a few people who know people to find out the best hospital to go to.

Any positive stories greatly appreciated xxx

"Ouch" is an understatement! Sheesh! The "Told You So Gang" is pissed that they've been canceled!

Ok.. Breathe....Been there done this. First... get your results. I know what they're suspecting but it's not cancer until they say it is. Then, and this is very important, GET A 2ND OPINION! That was the best thing I ever did! I do find it odd that it will take 20 days for the biopsy. Even by what I hear about the NHS, that seems awfully long

Do your research on hospitals and doctors. Have your husband involved as he will be your strongest advocate. As far as the rest? One day at a time. AND.... finally... it's not the end of the world and as you said, you will fight this. When we're faced with a real life illness, we have no other choice but to fight. I don't know of anyone that has done otherwise.

Let me know what's going on. I have resources that can help.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you for your positive message Fishmanpa. I definitely want a 2nd opinion. I already have friends who know directors of gastrointestinal departments in some of the top hospitals so I’m hoping this will help too...

You’re right what you say about it not being that until they say it is... my gp said this to me too but not sure how to deal with that, does that make sense? I don’t want to have false hope...?

I would love to take you up on being in touch with you, if it’s ok with you I will pm you, or we can just post on here, it might help others??

20 days sounds long to me too?! I’m actually in Italy (originally from UK but live here)...

Thank you much for your words xxx
    Last edited by samina77; 09-11-18 at 22:06. Reason: Typo

PM anytime I think, depending on what happens, it may be too much of a trigger for many to post depending on what's going on. On the other hand, for the many here that have been given the all clear and hang onto the worst case scenario, it's a slap upside the head to count their blessings.

In the big scheme of things, depending on the results, 3 weeks is not a lot of time although my biopsy came back in a week. I was actually diagnosed in Nov. 2012. I had my first surgery before Christmas (tonsils and more biopsies), sought my 2nd opinion in Jan 2013 and I didn't have my major surgery until Feb. of 2013. My treatment didn't start until March of 2013 after I had healed enough.

It's totally normal to feel numb at this point. Your emotions will be a roller coaster but you'll deal just like everyone else does and I think you'll find you'll actually be much calmer and stronger than you think you can be. When push comes to shove, fight mode take over

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Can I ask what might a silly question? Was the conversation between the doctor and you in gaps or understood? Like there wasn't a langue difference. I'm just asking as my friend moved to another country and she didn't have a great grasp on the langue and her Doctor didn't have great English. It caused a huge misunderstanding. (Sorry if I'm toally off here!)

Also, my co-worker was basically told he had the big C after something like that. Turned out he didn't! He also had to have part of his rectum removed.

Sorry if this is all over the place, I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts x.

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseAndy View Post
    Can I ask what might a silly question? Was the conversation between the doctor and you in gaps or understood? Like there wasn't a langue difference. I'm just asking as my friend moved to another country and she didn't have a great grasp on the langue and her Doctor didn't have great English. It caused a huge misunderstanding. (Sorry if I'm toally off here!)

Also, my co-worker was basically told he had the big C after something like that. Turned out he didn't! He also had to have part of his rectum removed.

Sorry if this is all over the place, I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts x.
    Hi Louise, thanks for your message. So no language issues, my hubby was. There too and he’s “native”

I’m curious about your co-worker’s story. Could you tell me more? (In private if you prefer)

Thank you xxxx

---------- Post added 10-11-18 at 00:40 ---------- Previous post was 09-11-18 at 23:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    PM anytime I think, depending on what happens, it may be too much of a trigger for many to post depending on what's going on. On the other hand, for the many here that have been given the all clear and hang onto the worst case scenario, it's a slap upside the head to count their blessings.

In the big scheme of things, depending on the results, 3 weeks is not a lot of time although my biopsy came back in a week. I was actually diagnosed in Nov. 2012. I had my first surgery before Christmas (tonsils and more biopsies), sought my 2nd opinion in Jan 2013 and I didn't have my major surgery until Feb. of 2013. My treatment didn't start until March of 2013 after I had healed enough.

It's totally normal to feel numb at this point. Your emotions will be a roller coaster but you'll deal just like everyone else does and I think you'll find you'll actually be much calmer and stronger than you think you can be. When push comes to shove, fight mode take over

Positive thoughts
    Thanks Fishmanpa,

Interesting about the time frame of your procedures. There’s part of me that wants to start like tomorrow but I think I’ll have to exercise a lot of patience first... I’ve got some leads for second opinions, will be working on a couple more over the weekend. When I get a moment I’ll send you a pm. In the meantime, thanks for your support xx

Samina, thank you for telling us and you were certainly right to tell us. I'm really surprised that the doctor was preparing you for treatment even before the biopsies and scan results are back and I hope he is jumping the gun.

Make the most of any connections you have and I'm sure FMP will be able to guide and support you practically should the news turn out to be what you fear. We can support you too on here as you wait for your results-it's a time when you need all the help and support that you can get from every area of your life.

Keep busy and keep posting on here if it helps? Waiting will be very hard but you are doing all the right things xx

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information