Thread: I知 new here, worsening anxiety!

I知 new here, worsening anxiety!

Hi, i’m new to no more panic
    I have suffered with anxiety for years, mainly emetophobia. In the last year or so it has got worse and my symptoms have got worse and I seem to experience more symptoms as usual (I know a panic cannot kill me) but I hate having an attack and feel like I’m not in control of my own body. I have recently been diagnosed with IBS in the last 2 months, my emetophobia has got worse and now every bubble or small twinge in my belly i’m scared in case i have an upset tummy. This is really affecting me, so much so that I went on holiday with my partner of 8 years and his family, to Turkey, and flew home after 5 days (a week early) on my own as after 3 days of being ill and being anxious I couldn’t take anymore. I am so worried about leaving the house but at the same time I do want to still do things. It’s very difficult to explain to people who don’t have anxiety (I would say i’m lucky, but i’m not as i’m not happy my mum experiences it) but she can relate to some extent, to how I feel - although her anxiety is over things completely different. I feel like i’m really trying to hold my life together; some days (very rare) I feel on top of the world and i’m very hyper (I’m 23) and other days I feel very sad/depressed. I have such a good support network from family, friends, partner and even work colleagues but no one, not even myself can help me when i’m feeling like this and I can not escape. I am on beta blockers and antidepressants, Ive never had bad thoughts and I still don’t, I just don’t know how to over come this.. I don’t know what else my GP can do for me? I have been referred for CBT but the wait is 6-10 months. I have also looked into hypnotherapy but am unsure if this will help? (if anyone had tried this please let me know of your experience). I apologise for the long post, I never thought I would be in this situation but I really don’t know what to do and I feel it will help to speak with new people.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya cweb7 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: I知 new here, worsening anxiety!

since this comment and being diagnosed with IBS, I am now undergoing tests for colitis. my anxiety is very up and down and I am also being referred to a psychiatrist for tests, possible bipolar? my moods are very up and down. if anyone is in a similar situation please message me, i’m new and not sure how to speak to someone? would be nice to have a chat with someone in a similar situation.. or just anyone who suffers with anxiety x

Thread Information