Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fear from brain eating amoeba

Fear from brain eating amoeba

I know I post a lot on this forum but despite my meds and the fact that I had a therapy session yesterday I am freaking out again today.

I am scared of brain eating amoeba. Yesterday I was looking through a box in my yard for a sprinkler and there was dust in the box and I tried not to inhale it but I did some.

I am scared I got the brain eating amoeba cause it says on Google it lives in dust (I remember from last year I didn't Google this time) and I had a headache earlier and my body temperature was raising and dropping.

Please tell me this is another impossible scenario I feel like it's my fault if I die from this and I am having a breakdown again

Re: Fear from brain eating amoeba

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieWitch View Post
    it says on Google it lives in dust
    I would call your therapist if you're concerned.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Is that supposed to be "user MagpieWitch that is an irrational fear" emoji?

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieWitch View Post
    Is that supposed to be "user MagpieWitch that is an irrational fear" emoji?
    It actually can be called the "User _______, that is an irrational fear" emoji Between this and your rabies fear, you have your mind full for sure!

Have you discussed your reassurance seeking and participation on the forum with your therapist?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I have discussed my need for reassurence but I don't think I mentioned the forum.
    Still I am very very scared when I get my episodes and I just can't stop crying...

l mean what are the chances of that happening ermmmm none
    as fishmanpa said see your therapist xx
    Best wishes

I gotta rant but I am honestly very sick and tired. I am making my life hell, but also my parents lives, my partners life and I am ruining my degree (I am studying architecture)
    Two weeks I was in fear of rabies and now I am no longer scared of it.
    Now I am afraid that I am going to die from a brain eating amoeba and I go to therapy and I had progress and I take my meds and here I am again.
    I am just so scared and crying and shaking and feel sick to my stomach and I just don't want to die from a brain eating amoeba. I am terrified. I am scared that all of this is my fault. I just don't know how long I have to fight myself, what will kill me first, HA or brain eating amoeba?
    How do you guys keep going because I can't function right now I can't even go to the store...

You need to go to the store. Don't stop living bc of these fears. Even if you are faking it, fake it. Iif you start cryong on public, so what? If you crawl into the corner, you are giving hypochondria what it wants and it will only be harder. Even though you fear death, talk back to it and remind it you are just fine today. It will get easier as ypu go on. Just don't give in !

I just need to talk to people. Tomorrow I will call my therapist.
    Please If I have symptoms of amoeba they will be severe?? I have some headache in my front where the eyebrows are and it spreads to the back but I don't have high fever or like sensitivity to light or anything? I do feel a bit nauseous...

Magpie, you're spiraling here over something that's impossible. The symptoms you feel are from anxiety and your body's reaction to it. My daughter suffers from anxiety. She's ramping up on a new med and hit a blip. I've witnessed her panic and anxiety take over with her in tears etc. Reading your thread I see the same thing, just a different reason for the panic. Try some breathing exercises and relaxation techniques. I literally did that with her on Facetime the other day and it helped calm her down.

Positive thoughts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information