Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scared over rabies.

Scared over rabies.

So. This morning I was laying down and had my eyes closed. I wasn't asleep. I heard something fall (I say that because I noticed my fever thermometer did fall from one of my containers to another one) or scurry and I was thinking it may be a mouse because I've had them pop in my room before.

Well. I thought I felt a tingle on my lips when I had my eyes closed. I set up and looked around and didn't see anything.

I looked in the mirror and saw 2 tiny little marks right on my upper lip line. I mean they are small. But, I am so worried that it was a bat in my room and I have rabies. The news said there was a rabid bat found in the county next to mine and in another county here in my state. So I am flipping out. I have so many issues right now with my HA and I am hoping this is just another one. That I didn't really get bitten. I would have actually felt a bat right? Especially if it was on my face. Right? I'm so scared.

Someone help me.

Re: Scared over rabies.

There’s a million phantom bat bite threads on the site already. Guess how many got rabies.......

I looked at the place with a flashlight. There's 5 little marks. Really tiny. One of them isn't really even that close to the others. It's just freaking me out. I wore a pink tinted lip balm last night. But, if it's that it would have been gone by now more than likely. And the marks look more red. The rational part of me says it's just broken capularies (sp?) from the water bottles I have been sucking down to take the meds I'm on. Like pressure marks.

I cannot stop worrying. I think my anxiety is so on edge because of the antibiotics I am on for a tooth abscess. I read where Clindamycin makes anxiety worse in people who already have it. And, this whole week and last I have been spirialling out of control with my fears.

I am scared to go the hospital. But, if I don't and this is rabies I will die.

If something bites you it leaves marks that you can see, and it hurts. Even mosquito bites hurt & they have teeny tiny mosquito teeth. (I don’t think mosquitoes actually have teeth).

The point is that you’d know if you were bitten. Not be slightly ambivalent about it. And I also think you’d feel a bat swooping to your face, you’d feel the wind of it’s wings, and you’d hear the swoosh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This didn't hurt but I felt a slight tingling sensation. I have been feeling that in my lips for days though whenever my anxiety spikes. And, it was spiked when I was laying down yesterday morning. It isn't doing that right now though.

What's so funny is I never used to have health anxiety this bad. Just a little. I had a lot of other OCD issues though. But, then I got sick with an abscessed tooth and on antibiotics and now everything is freaking me out. This is the longest two weeks of my life.

I found some more spots on my bottom lip too.

I tend to bite my lips when I get stressed and I wonder if that is what did it. Yet, I cannot shake the feeling that it's a bat bite and it's gonna kill me.

I keep trying to shake it and it just gets worse.

I cannot deal with this.

Everyone on here is saying that they cannot bite without seeing them. But, Google says they can.

Which Google? Some random stories?
    It says it can bite without seeing if a person is a child or mentally impaired, a healthy adult will feel it even when sleeping.
    Also you weren't asleep so you would definitely see and feel a flying mouse biting you on the lip, it would swash it's wings right in your face.
    Most people bitten by bats were people who handled them or found them on their body in their rooms when asleep.
    You weren't bitten, please don't let this anxiety take over your life, I lost two weeks to rabies fear and I really hope you wont

We need to do something about those pesky invisible ninja bats so I thought about getting a couple of more folks together, converting an old 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor ambulance limo and calling ourselves "Bat Busters"

"When there's something strange in your bed or bath, who ya gonna call? Bat Busters!"

Positive thoughts and invisible bats
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieWitch View Post
    Which Google? Some random stories?
    It says it can bite without seeing if a person is a child or mentally impaired, a healthy adult will feel it even when sleeping.
    Also you weren't asleep so you would definitely see and feel a flying mouse biting you on the lip, it would swash it's wings right in your face.
    Most people bitten by bats were people who handled them or found them on their body in their rooms when asleep.
    You weren't bitten, please don't let this anxiety take over your life, I lost two weeks to rabies fear and I really hope you wont
    I was on sleeping pills at the time. So, I was a bit impaired though not asleep.

I am starting to think it was just where I bite my lips though. Because those marks are on my bottom lip too.

How would a bat bite you on the lip without flapping you in the face? They are not invisible hovercrafts. They have to flap to stay airborne, and their wings are large.

I say this as a major bat-fearer myself. I used to live in a house where bats would hang outside our doors every night all night. It was terrifying to me. I've also witnessed a bat drop down from a roof (of a different house where I was vacationing) onto my friend's shoulder and flop around the ground clearly ill (likely rabid). Amazingly, my friend wasn't even freaked out even though I urged him to go to the hospital in case the bat bit him when it fell on him. (If it had landed on me, I swear I would have needed a straitjacket.)

The problem is we know that you're supposed to go to the doctor/hospital and get rabies shots if you wake up in a room with a bat because you might not know if you were bitten. So we then extrapolate that we also wouldn't know if we were bitten if we were awake. This isn't true though. When you're sleeping, a bat would still bump or touch you if biting you, but you'd be asleep so might not feel it. If you are awake, how could you not feel it? I've unfortunately seen many bats fly, and they aren't ninjas. They are more like torpedoes and flap around with wings much bigger than their bodies.

Be strong.

I heard something outside my window this morning that sounded like a bat. Now I'm even more worried.

I still don't see how it could have bit me while awake (though with my eyes closed and on sleeping pills) and me not know though. But, I'm still freaking out.

I might go the ER and have them look at my lip. Just to be safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information