Hello!

Sorry for the funny post title. I went back to the women's clinic this afternoon after having a 6 month ultrasound follow up from two smallish lumps that were seen as hypoechoic. After my first us, I met with a breast surgeon and she advised me to get a mammogram since I had bypassed that step. I had a 3D mammo done and all came back clear. The recommendations were for me to come back the following year for another mammo or to return if anything changed drastically.

I actually requested an us because I thought better safe than sorry. Today's us showed a very slight increase in one of the lumps. I took the info in stride, set up the follow up but found myself to be annoyed by the nurse who shared the info. She seems to be a kind person but also like a women's clinic robot. She mentioned that next week's appointment would be short because the dr wouldn't be performing the biopsy. I corrected her and said "IF a biopsy is seen as the next logical step". She smiled and repeated the same sentence a few minutes later.

Here are my questions for the group: First- has anyone dealt with benign breast lumps that got slightly bigger on subsequent us AND that things still turned out to be ok?

Second: For you ladies who do have benign lumps is this the kind of runaround I can expect each year or at each test?

Third: Maybe I'm getting up in arms about things but doesn't it seem like to med professionals it's no big deal to just get your boobs cut into (I'm not a candidate for a needle biopsy given the location of the lump so I will need to have them surgically removed). Maybe it's just me but I feel that there is this oppressive level of focus on BC here in the US. Like somehow, it's the worst possible thing to happen to a woman is BC. I mean the stats show that women actually have greater rates of heart disease and dementia but those stories always seem to take the back seat to BC. Most of the dementia stories about men losing their mental capabilities but god forbid something happens to a woman's breast!

Anyway, thank you for letting me vent and sharing some insight on the breast lumps. Any and all responses are appreciated!