Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So you think you have Rabies.....

Re: So you think you have Rabies.....

Quote Originally Posted by Deepseathree View Post
    Just to add to the original sticky. If it’s an anaimal that you’re familiar with or that you see often, after ten days of your worrying about possibly rabies transmission that animal is still alive, it never had rabies.

For example- You have a wild cat around the house and you feed it or pet it. Say it scratches you(not a possible way for transmission by the way. Or awfully very rare, though it doesn’t stop the worry). If you still see that animal after ten days alive, it doesn’t have rabies. The animal could have rabies, but it’s only transmitted during the time of presenting symptoms.

Lots of times with animals caught by animal catchers(cats and dogs) there is a waiting period they keep them caged(10 days) if they are alive after that the animal is fine.
    This is actually my strongest defense point ahahah but yeah, in domestic animals its observed that 10 days quarantine is a safe way to determine whether the animal has it or not. I haven't found any info against this yet and I've been digging the net for 1 week now (bad choice but a cat scratched me and I am afraid as hell) but generally even when rabies is suspected in my country back in 2013 they quarantined the cats for 10-15 days (and they were fine).
    This cannot be done with wild animals however because there's no sufficient data on it.

Hey rabies worriers, I have a brand new rabies worry.
    Today I was walking home and there are trees around my building and a little droplet fell on the top of my lip.
    I am scared that it's a bat drool from a rabid bat or something, and honestly I'll never get a vaccine if I tell this to my doctor so I am scared it was a rabid bat drool that got into my mouth :/
    I think I've read people worrying about this before and I am just very distressed and now I'll think about this for a while until I get sick and panic it's rabies.
    Is this even possible? Can it be like just some random droplet from something else?

No it is not possible and you are overthinking things massively to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieWitch View Post
    Today I was walking home and there are trees around my building and a little droplet fell on the top of my lip.
    I am scared that it's a bat drool from a rabid bat or something, and honestly I'll never get a vaccine if I tell this to my doctor so I am scared it was a rabid bat drool that got into my mouth :/
    I think I've read people worrying about this before and I am just very distressed and now I'll think about this for a while until I get sick and panic it's rabies.
    Is this even possible? Can it be like just some random droplet from something else?
    No offense, but this is way out there, even by NMP rabies threads standards.

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    No offense, but this is way out there, even by NMP rabies threads standards.
    There have been other rabies threads where bats have flown above people, swooshes of wind or noises in bedrooms, etc. It's the same really, nothing unusual on here. The HIV/AIDS threads are another good example.

But that's Contamination themes for you, we've had many threads just like it across NMP about a range of triggers.

See trigger > subconscious inner chimp goes bananas > conscious mind starts analysing threats > panic > reassurance. The same as any other intrusive thought type concern on here really.

It's not really out there compared to the many brain tumour threads where someone has had a headache one day when you think about it.

There's often a whole load of Magical Thinking going on in these.

Okay...so after weeks of doing good, its back...I was at a friends house and we were bbqing hot dogs...it was already pitch black nighttime out, I closed the front door behind him while he was tending to the BBQ and a few minutes later, I noticed I had a fresh, small wound on my thumb that looked like a little scratch.

I'm so scared that I might have been scratched or bitten by a bat at some point and I didn't see it...

Quote Originally Posted by NervousSubject View Post
    Okay...so after weeks of doing good, its back...I was at a friends house and we were bbqing hot dogs...it was already pitch black nighttime out, I closed the front door behind him while he was tending to the BBQ and a few minutes later, I noticed I had a fresh, small wound on my thumb that looked like a little scratch.

I'm so scared that I might have been scratched or bitten by a bat at some point and I didn't see it...
    You just have to fight those irrational thought every time you have closen encounters with them; the irrational thoughts that is. You allready know it is irrational and why it is irrational. Are there a lot of insects where you are?

---------- Post added at 06:35 ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieWitch View Post
    Was the tree wet after a rainfall?

I'm sorry if it sounds very weird and troll-ish, but I remember having these fears like few years back from the same reason.
    There used to be another site called AnxietyZone or something along those lines and I remember reading few other people with the same fear. It's because the rabies fear is stronger than the rational thinking I guess I'm sorry I'm just scared I'll die from this in particular :(

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Now I kinda wanna get a bat house...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information