Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Re: Lymph Node Update - Scared

If exhaustion equals cancer, I am a gonner. I haven't had a good night of sleep in the last ten years, and cannot seem to get through an afternoon anymore without a solid double espresso.

As to the OP, I don't think he has ever responded to a single thing I have written, so won't bother addressing him directly. I will say, however, that this entire thread has got to be a demonstration of how not to use this forum. As Fish said, it has fed the dragon as much as his exhaustion or any other "symptom," I expect. It serves as a sounding board for himself to himself apparently.

Cancer--even if you had it--would honestly be the least of your problems. Cancer isn't even the worst thing that can happen to most people. Not living the life you have, that really *is* worse than cancer, or any other illness for that matter. And I think darkside's post also serve as a commentary on that aspect of anxiety as well, what it robs us of if we let it, if we don't fight it, and just give in to the dragon. Albeit an extreme example.

Great post lofwyr!

what it robs us of if we let it, if we don't fight it
    Entirely agreed. I said a few pages ago, I think, as I knew Darkside wouldn't reply or listen (I mean why would he change the habit of many years, when he shows no motivation to do so?) that his situation and behaviour should serve as a warning to others.

Not living the life you have, that really *is* worse than cancer, or any other illness for that matter.
    As someone who has had cancer, I also entirely agree with this. I know people with terminal cancer who are living a better and happier life.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    As someone who has had cancer, I also entirely agree with this. I know people with terminal cancer who are living a better and happier life.
    Glad you are presumably on the other side of it. Did you come out the other side of the experience in better mental health than you went in? Or is it the source of the HA? Curious to hear how it affected your mental health if that isn't too personal.

I had a serious diagnosis, while not cancer, it was enough to make me realize there is a life to live, so I am doing my best with that. I have to say, the diagnosis was a great shot across my bow, and I am actually a much happier person post-diagnosis than I was before. Every day is a fight with anxiety, but you can get tools to fight it, and you *have* to be proactive. Just wishing anxiety away does nothing, as evidenced by 51 pages of posts regarding a man who is as bad off now as he was at the beginning, maybe worse.

Quote Originally Posted by lofwyr View Post
    If exhaustion equals cancer, I am a gonner.
    Welp, looks like I'm out of this world too.

Glad you are presumably on the other side of it. Did you come out the other side of the experience in better mental health than you went in? Or is it the source of the HA? Curious to hear how it affected your mental health if that isn't too personal.
    Hiyer, yes, three years clear now.

I actually wasn't in a bad place going into it, infact life was good, I would say that I've not had HA at all for about 20 years prior to the diagnosis, but did in my younger years. Infact, I am almost the opposite and tend to think everything is absolutely nothing, even when clearly it WAS something LOL I try and help out on the HA forum as I recognise and know many of the experiences from struggling as a teenager and in my 20s. My problem now is with changes during menopause, a great cause of anxiety in many women as a primary symptom when those hormones start messing about bigtime. Having cancer was of course a terrifying experience, but it does make you re-evaluate your life and see far more clearly the things that are important, but it hasn't made me more anxious about my health.

Quote Originally Posted by adamden View Post
    Welp, looks like I'm out of this world too.
    I'm not referring to random, one-off day of feeling exhausted. I am talking about feeling tired all the time for almost 2 weeks.

Welcome to adulthood.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Welcome to adulthood.
    I know people want to make light of my symptoms, but I know how I used to feel. I know what I feel like when I'm healthy. This isn't it. I have never experienced fatigue for this long of a period in my entire adult life, period. There is an actual physical cause for the fatigue I am feeling. It is not stress or anxiety.

You don't know how you feel, though. If you're not some sort of perverse performance artist, you have less self-awareness than anybody I ever met.

Did I mention I work with teenagers?

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    I know people want to make light of my symptoms, but I know how I used to feel. I know what I feel like when I'm healthy. This isn't it. I have never experienced fatigue for this long of a period in my entire adult life, period. There is an actual physical cause for the fatigue I am feeling. It is not stress or anxiety.
    Good job you had that blood work done then. No doubt the red flags have already been raised and you have received the bad news from your doctor due to the urgency of things? What did he advise?

Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread Information