Page 24 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Re: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Heard nothing today. Even left a message with nurse to ask about next steps. No call back.

Here's the thing. Any time I have tests done my doctor tells me that she'll post it online and if it's anything she needs to discuss with me she'll call me. So, the fact that no one has contacted you yet is a pretty good indication that nothing serious is going on. I know people get annoyed with you, but I have a lot of empathy for your situation and I feel very sad when I read your posts. If you don't want to get help for yourself, do it for your kids. My mom's health anxiety is the reason that I have it and it ate up a lot of my life, particularly the first few years of my daughter's life. All of my anxieties trace back to the ones I observed in my mother growing up. If you get help, not only will you live a better life and be there for your family, but your kids can see you seeking out help for yourself. I talk to my daughter a lot about my anxiety and why I go to a therapist and what it all means because I don't want her to end up with anxiety, too. Think about your family.

I'm so sorry this is your experience. I hope one day you're able to see things more clearly and find the help you need.

Got a call today. They basically repeated what I had already seen from the ultrasound report from the imaging center. They said they were going to give me antibiotics in case it’s from an infection (it’s not - I’m not sick and it has been this way for at least 2 months now). If it does not get smaller they said will refer me to a general surgeon for a biopsy.

So, they do think it is serious enough to biopsy if the antibiotics do not help. I know they won’t because it’s been there for a long time. It’s not infection related.

So, to be honest it still looks likely that I have lymphoma. I’m not sure this is even a case of health anxiety anymore?

So, what they actually are doing is trying to treat it first and if it doesn't respond only then will do perform a biopsy which can be determined as ruling out procedure. The alternative is they know it's cancer so are wilfully negligent or having a laugh at making someone very ill or terminal. Why would they do that? Are they so desperate to lose their licences and end up in a prison for years? How many patients do these psychopaths kills each year?

Which option is more likely?

Most people never even make it the ultrasound stage because the doctor isn’t concerned. Mine was concerned enough for ultrasound and now is concerned enough for biopsy if it doesn’t go down with antibiotics. That speaks volumes.

So, you think your doctor is either a) incompetent b) negligent or c) enjoys prolonging cancers?

The human body is a funny thing. You should know that by now. It’s also very resilient. The general surgeon that biopsied one of my lymph nodes (was enlarged for about a year, didn’t end up being cancer), told me in my fit of panic that he’s had one in his neck that has been enlarged for as long as he can remember. Sometimes it just happens. It’s not always so black and white... i.e.- It’s been enlarged for months, I’m not sick, must be cancer. Uhhhh, no. Could be a million different things. There’s not always an explanation and that’s okay. Your Dr. trying to treat it first and then sending you for a biopsy is him/her doing their job. They’d otherwise be considered negligent, in which case their license is on the line. Because they mentioned a biopsy doesn’t mean they think cancer. It means they’re doing their duty as a medical professional.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Most people never even make it the ultrasound stage because the doctor isn’t concerned. Mine was concerned enough for ultrasound and now is concerned enough for biopsy if it doesn’t go down with antibiotics. That speaks volumes.
    Yes it does. No doctor messes around with antibiotics if lymphoma is suspected. It's straight to biopsies.

Got a call today. They basically repeated what I had already seen from the ultrasound report from the imaging center. They said they were going to give me antibiotics in case it’s from an infection (it’s not - I’m not sick and it has been this way for at least 2 months now). If it does not get smaller they said will refer me to a general surgeon for a biopsy.

So, they do think it is serious enough to biopsy if the antibiotics do not help. I know they won’t because it’s been there for a long time. It’s not infection related.

So, to be honest it still looks likely that I have lymphoma. I’m not sure this is even a case of health anxiety anymore?
    Well, thanks for the update Darkside. I have nothing much to say that will help you at all, or make any difference, as its all been tried and even if one day you do get ill then you have no skills to deal with it, as have never taken that step. One final word of advice - You'd do well to not be poking and prodding it AT ALL, AT ALL, get it !

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Load of BS,like pulisa said is correct.
    I will tell you Again. You DO NOt HAVE LYMPHOMA.
    Get a grip ds.

Page 24 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread Information