Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lymph Node Update - Scared

It's been a few weeks since I posted.

Unfortunately, it's not good news. After having some pain in my neck, I asked my mom to ultrasound my neck. In one area near the pain, she found a 1.98 x 0.54 cm lymph node. I am devastated.

Combined this with being itchy (which had started before I knew the lymph node was there) and also can feel a lymph node in my groin - I am certain that I have lymphoma. It's essentially a 2cm lymph node in my neck. I am shocked. I am devastated. I am depressed.

I have an ENT appointment next Thursday to look at the node. I have been having a lot of itchiness for the last month as well as neck pain.

I am sorry this may trigger other worriers but I am really struggling here. At this point it looks very possible I have lymphoma.

Re: Lymph Node Update - Scared

How come your mum did it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Because she is a sonographer and I asked her to check my neck.

Remember when you were sure you had stomach cancer because of the results of unnecessary testing?

Well, the combination of symptoms here is scary:

- Enlarged node
    - Itching
    - Neck Pain

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Well, the combination of symptoms here is scary:

- Enlarged node
    - Itching
    - Neck Pain
    That’s what you say EVERY SINGLE TIME.
    Honestly, I feel bad for you, and even worse for your wife and kids that you’re unwilling to recognize the patterns of your behavior, when any 9 year old could read through your posts and see it clear as day.

Also I forgot to mention the past few days at night after dinner I have been having high left-sided fullness... I believe due to swollen spleen from the lymphoma.

Frankly I don't think you should be leaving medical testing to your relatives knowing your history, whether they are sonographers or not. I'm sure if most of us got ultrasounds when they weren't needed you would find all sorts of lumps and bumps that shouldn't be there. Doesn't mean it's Lymphoma and with respect you are making links that you have no proof exist.

- C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew

I am a bit confused about your mum doing this. Did she do this at work then? Surely she knows how to interpret the results so what did she say?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes, she did it at her work (a hospital) but on the weekend while she was "on call" and there weren't a lot of patients getting ultrasounds.

She said it didn't look that bad to her and usually lymphoma nodes are more rounder whereas mine was kind of longer and skinnier. She did show a surgeon that she works with and he wasn't super concerned about it but said I could see an ENT if I wanted to get more follow up on it.

She said the node generally looked pretty normal but is larger than most typical nodes since it is almost 2cm long. But, like I said, somewhat skinny at 0.54cm.

I'm not sure how long it has been there to be honest. I probably would not have ever noticed it had I not had some neck pain and been feeling around in that area in general a lot recently.

Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information