Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Re: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Ok so nothing really to worry about then and you are just jumping to conclusions as usual.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

several studies speak, that the most important is the short axis. And on my ultra sound it showed one of 1.7cmx0.6cm. I'm worried, but what reassures me is these studies.

Look:
    https: //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7735765/

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Ok so nothing really to worry about then and you are just jumping to conclusions as usual.
    ^ This.

Without speaking directly to your mum I'm afraid I cannot see anything either way. In the past you have demonstrated how you struggle to see what others are telling you and have skewed to the negative and no matter how much we have tried to steer you back it hasn't really helped. The only difference here is quick access to a test which has brought back a result of something that we don't understand yet every lump or bump could return things on tests that doctors don't care about if we all had access to our own testing.

I think your mum needs to be made aware of your anxiety because the first thing would be deciding whether a test is of any use or just giving your anxiety a load more potential "what ifs" to play around with.

What does she know of your anxiety? Has she seen how many terminal cancers you have definitely had over the past couple of years? Your post history would be a massive red flag to anyone in the health sector.

Please don't take what I've said the wrong way, it isn't meant to be negative, I expect those with these types of anxiety disorders to struggle to prevent their thoughts running away with them. It's not a criticism of you but it's an observation of your behaviour which you share with so many people on here.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 07-09-18 at 02:18.

Well this is scary. I woke up during the night because my hand was itching so bad. This is the first time the itching has actually woken me up.

I’m so terrified. Itching, left side fullness, swollen node that is basically 2cm long.

Are people seriously not concerned this is Lymphoma? I literally have many of the major red flags.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Well this is scary. I woke up during the night because my hand was itching so bad. This is the first time the itching has actually woken me up.

I’m so terrified. Itching, left side fullness, swollen node that is basically 2cm long.

Are people seriously not concerned this is Lymphoma? I literally have many of the major red flags.
    If your Mum is a health professional why not ask her?

She is a sonographer, so Lymphoma is not necessarily her speciality.

No it certainly wouldn't be. It is obviously yours though...despite not knowing what battery of tests you have to go through in order to get a lymphoma diagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post

She said it didn't look that bad to her and usually lymphoma nodes are more rounder whereas mine was kind of longer and skinnier. She did show a surgeon that she works with and he wasn't super concerned about it but said I could see an ENT if I wanted to get more follow up on it.

She said the node generally looked pretty normal but is larger than most typical nodes since it is almost 2cm long. But, like I said, somewhat skinny at 0.54cm.
    So, the only person concerned is you? Not even your mum?

And that's two professionals, including a surgeon, who don't think a 2cm is an indication of anything to be concerned about. But you do.

Can you see a pattern?

My query is what are you looking for in coming to this forum? You seem to be seeking reassurance but have never taken it. Then often times it seems like you are seeking confirmation that it is something terrible, which to date it has never been. You have the word of two medical professionals, one of which being your mother, who are not concerned. I am sure your mother would be the first one sending you up the chain if you were in danger. I am also sure your mother has seen cancerous nodes, and still she is not worried. Same with the surgeon. Take the advice of the many, many people here who have told you to get help for the anxiety. Even if you had the illnesses you imagine, would it not be better to learn how to live what life you had without so much fear and pain and suffering? It makes it doubly tragic to spend these years in fear when there is nothing wrong. You should be enjoying and living life, not looking endlessly for how it will end.

Quote Originally Posted by lofwyr View Post
    My query is what are you looking for in coming to this forum? You seem to be seeking reassurance but have never taken it. Then often times it seems like you are seeking confirmation that it is something terrible, which to date it has never been. You have the word of two medical professionals, one of which being your mother, who are not concerned. I am sure your mother would be the first one sending you up the chain if you were in danger. I am also sure your mother has seen cancerous nodes, and still she is not worried. Same with the surgeon. Take the advice of the many, many people here who have told you to get help for the anxiety. Even if you had the illnesses you imagine, would it not be better to learn how to live what life you had without so much fear and pain and suffering? It makes it doubly tragic to spend these years in fear when there is nothing wrong. You should be enjoying and living life, not looking endlessly for how it will end.
    I think expressing my fears and concerns here is an outlet. A place for all the worry and anxiety to vent a little bit.

The surgeon said I could see an ENT for follow up. He didn't guarantee it was "nothing".

It's the combination of symptoms that is concerning. If it was just this node and no other real symptoms, I don't think I would be concerned, but it's:

- Node
    - Itching all over (Itching hand literally woke me up)
    - Feeling of fullness / nausea in upper left stomach area (swollen spleen common in Lymphoma)
    - Neck pain
    Last edited by darkside4k; 07-09-18 at 15:07.

Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information