Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Re: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Something I am starting to learn is that for almost every disease you will find somebody saying he had symptoms that matched yours. If you look for it you will find it and ignore the rest

For what it’s worth I did a lot of foolish research and talking with various people and one thing that repeatedly comes up is how ALS doesn’t cause pain and isn’t body wide at all at onset. Almost always starts in a hand or foot and moves up from there. Anything body wide or symmetrical should point away from this disease.
    Yes, absolutely. When I greatly feared heart disease, anxiety having me convinced it existed in my body, I still recall reading stories of people (people diagnosed with heart disease) experiencing much of what I did / do. The thing is, they were probably outliers, and not the norm. I'm sure the same holds true with ALS, MS or any other illness.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Honestly maybe it is ALS. I’m reading about people’s first symptoms with MS and haven’t read anything that sounds like my situation really. I’m so confused. Maybe the all body muscle fatigue and pain is more characteristic of early ALS. I’m too scared to read people’s first symptoms of ALS.
    If your symptoms were a burning foot emitting flames which you had in your mind must be ALS but nothing anywhere including having a foot on fire was mentioned as an ALS symptom wouldn't that tell you it's something other than ALS...like having a foot on fire?
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 15-09-19 at 21:00. Reason: Missing part of sentence added.

get therapy for your health anxiety!!!!!!!!!!

So, for everyone in need of a chuckle at this point, I would like to point you to this Simpsons clip, which obviously (somehow) was written about dark...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnBtoOAhba4

Ha!!! That's awesome!!!! Thank you for posting.

Well, today I am still having muscle fatigue in my legs (mainly my right leg)... a burning fatigue like the muscle is tired. Also pain in my hands. Twitching near my left elbow. Twitching in both of my legs. Does this not sound exactly like ALS? I read on Seymour's thread that he read lots of ALS testimonies on a forum and many of them contradicted the sticky here which is really worrying. Honestly that has me very scared. I am so scared I am beginning to battle ALS. At this point MS would feel like a huge relief compared to that. I can still stand on my tip-toes and heels... I can still lift things. But, I fear the muscle fatigue and soreness is just the beginning symptoms and soon the weakness will appear.

I called my Doctor back and left a message about what is going on and that I'm really fearing the worst.

I'm in a very dark place. I read some threads about AboutBFS.com where they mention muscle fatigue and cramping as a sign of ALS. I am beyond depressed. I really believe I do have ALS. It most accurately fits the symptoms.

What are you expecting us to do about this, Darkside? Serious question.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm in a very dark place.
    Your hyperbole has been heard here far too many times now to produce a sympathetic reaction from the viewers of your threads. You are putting yourself in a dark place time after time after year after year. Sort out your mental health problems and you won't be having the 'dark place' any more. There are people out there actually dying, actually living with MND, MS and assorted terminal illnesses who have an incomparably happier life than you.

Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread Information