Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Re: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    But I am glad to see that despite the pain, muscle atrophy and reflex issues that Darkside's ability to type seem unaffected
    Terry, we have a team member like that at work right now. She saw three separate doctors to try and prove her thumb was broken, then began claiming dizzy spells from the pain. Eventually she got certified for a week off work, but no longer. It's our busiest time of year and we've all had to work extra hours to cover for her.

In spite of the alleged agony she's been in, she's continued to post on FB about her adventures at local carnivals, and to actively sell her Avon stuff.

I try not to get angry with others and their own mental health issues, but her sheer melodrama makes me furious.

Darkside, are you aware of quite how appalling your behaviour makes you look in the eyes of others?

I try not to get angry with others and their own mental health issues, but her sheer melodrama makes me furious.
    Yeah, but don't you think that part of being a human being, with social responsibilities is learning that your behaviour does affect others and having that pointed out. It is interesting that you term it a 'mental health issue', as my own opinion would be that she is an attention-seeking lazy whatsit who is making the lives of others very hard through her self-indulgent choices LOL. Interesting point though, and one worthy of small scale debate, at what point do we say it is a personality issue and what point a mental health issue?

Carys, honestly, I think that too, I'm just trying to be my most charitable self

OK, I just think that sometimes people should 'show their furious' as otherwise these non-team players get away with it. You know what though, you are right, why bother getting yourself worked up and a manager should deal with it anyway.

I had terrible health anxiety after my son was born. I had counselling and went on and still on citalopram it helps tremendously. I’m having a blip because my mum died. But i have had 12 marvellous health anxiety free years. It’s liberating. I’ll take that pill for myself and for my husband and for my children to have a mum that is present. And not in my own world of cancer death and obsession

Oh an during my worst health anxiety I was convinced I had tinnitus. I could hear a high pitched sound day and night. I could honestly hear it. 3 weeks on citalopram. I couldn’t hear it anymore. It was just pure anxiety. Your brain will conjure up what you want it to conjure up. So yes anxiety and stesss could cause pain and tremors

Honestly maybe it is ALS. I’m reading about people’s first symptoms with MS and haven’t read anything that sounds like my situation really. I’m so confused. Maybe the all body muscle fatigue and pain is more characteristic of early ALS. I’m too scared to read people’s first symptoms of ALS.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Honestly maybe it is ALS. I’m reading about people’s first symptoms with MS and haven’t read anything that sounds like my situation really. I’m so confused. Maybe the all body muscle fatigue and pain is more characteristic of early ALS. I’m too scared to read people’s first symptoms of ALS.
    Just stop already.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Something I am starting to learn is that for almost every disease you will find somebody saying he had symptoms that matched yours. If you look for it you will find it and ignore the rest

For what it’s worth I did a lot of foolish research and talking with various people and one thing that repeatedly comes up is how ALS doesn’t cause pain and isn’t body wide at all at onset. Almost always starts in a hand or foot and moves up from there. Anything body wide or symmetrical should point away from this disease.
    Last edited by Seymour; 15-09-19 at 16:01.

Indeed Seymour, and I have tried to tell him that his symptoms don't match, but of course he won't listen. I think what you have said here is a really good indication that you are starting to make some positive progress yourself ....some very logical and realistic points made.

I'm not even bothering to answer this, as you've been told so many times why it is neither MS or ALS and I don't see why I should waste time typing stuff out again.

Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread Information