Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Re: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Quote Originally Posted by bin tenn View Post
    I haven't. However, at least for me, the games on NES that required alternating the A and B buttons as quickly as possible was likely just as painful!
    Yes Daley Thompson was 2 buttons on a keyboard, I think it was ctrl/alt (or similar) for about 10 minutes...so probably similar.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Well, I'm now VERY depressed. I just tested my reflexes in my legs by tapping my knee tendon. Both of my legs kick pretty strong. Hyperreflexia. A HALLMARK sign of ALS. How can this be happening to me? I can't believe it. I don't want to die this way.
    Hyperreflexia if symmetrical isn’t necessarily abnormal. Some just have brisk reflexes.

Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    If this thought pattern is legitimate then I'm blown away...if not then this is the best troll I've ever seen. 80 pages and almost 800 posts. 勞
    Stick around, you will come across more like this.

Once upon a time we had someone not too different which caused so many arguments on here between people. Where is she now? She finally found the courage to start Citalopram and you barely see her raise a thread anymore. She has the odd blip and a bit of talking seems to help her. Before then we had it daily, multiple threads, etc.

That's only one case, repetitive posters were causing discussion on here when I joined.

Darkside is never going to accept therapy unless something in his life takes him to the rock bottom that those in such denial reach (e.g. substance misusers). But meds might take away some of this and allow him to be more rational and less rigid in his thinking. This is why I just wish his wife was affected by all this, which I normally want the opposite of, because none of us here will ever have any impact on him.

I was a bit late for Atari. I think we may have had one for a brief time when I was just old enough to comprehend the idea and play, but not for long. I mostly grew up with the NES and onward. Still, it makes my hands cramp and feel weak if I've played for too long. Doesn't help that I'm on a computer for work either. :P
    I was young when the Atari was on the scene but my big brother had one. The Megadrive was my first console but I had a Spectrum before that (the days of loading tapes!!!).

At the end of the day it's a repetitive stress on the body and aches are likely as you know. With mental health problems though it's so surprising how much easier it is to have those aches & pains.

I know what you mean about work, I used computers daily for most of my jobs but I was lucky not to have any problems unlike many around me. It was more my eyes that suffered...and mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    The 1500m on Daley Thompsons Decathalon on the commodore 64 was a killer!! if you have ever played that.
    I bet that was like the Atari one. The only difference was you spent 10 minutes waggling a joystick left/right and the last 30 seconds on the nasty sprint. Did it make you press the buttons faster on the sprint bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Terry and Carys:

I have read your posts and understand how from an outside perspective this might look like a pattern of HA and exaggerating significance of symptoms.

I do however have symptoms and I am suffering and trying to make sense of them and why they don’t improve or go away. My girlfriend says nothing will improve if I don’t make changes but I have a hard time with the concept of bodily symptoms arising spontaneously from anxiety and staying there even outside of acute anxiety attacks.

Since my symptoms match some of those from ALS I have a very hard time letting it go.
    Yes, we realise you have symptoms that are physical and how they frustratingly don't go away. Some people have the same symptom(s) for years with anxiety and as several of us said to you on another thread we have had the symptoms you describe.

It is very hard to change how you think and escape from intense anxiety so don't ever think we believe it simple. It often comes across that way when we all post but we know from experience it more like months and years to get better. And it's a massive uphill slog with many blips on the way.

What I learned with my OCD (GAD was my primary condition though, OCD came later) was that you can't always use logic to deal with it. Some themes just hit a dead end with it. This is why acceptance work helps because it retrains your reaction and it's this reaction that the fear is living off.

So, if you can't tackle it the CBT way of examining evidence, switch to another strategy and see where it takes you. I found a marked improvement in my ability to tackle my OCD issues by stopping working on it and getting my overall levels of anxiety down (the GAD side). Until then I was stuck in front of a brick wall with my CBT not moving. Once I reached this place I could go back to more direct work with CBT. Although I did exposure work throughout but not against all triggers just some that I could gain confidence from overcoming.

Darkside, has it ever been suggested that you try an SSRI? I think you would benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I read the more my symptoms sound like MS... the fatigue I had a while back, the headaches, now the intense muscle pain in my legs and hands... I’m also getting pins and needles as well. Maybe I’ve been dealing with MS for years and that explains some of the symptoms I’ve had over the years.

There is no way anxiety can cause pain as severe as I am having. Pain where you can’t even sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    The more I read the more my symptoms sound like MS... the fatigue I had a while back, the headaches, now the intense muscle pain in my legs and hands... I’m also getting pins and needles as well. Maybe I’ve been dealing with MS for years and that explains some of the symptoms I’ve had over the years.

There is no way anxiety can cause pain as severe as I am having. Pain where you can’t even sleep.
    Why can't it? Are you an expert in mental health?

Why can't it? Are you an expert in mental health?
    I must admit I did lose some sleep when my thumb got infected due to a cut and then some gardening work. It It was throbbing day & night until until the relief of it bursting.

And then then there were the neck spasms (nerve) that were intense enough to make me hunch my shoulders and grimace. Not much sleep for a couple of days then and it took weeks to go away completely.

But I am glad to see that despite the pain, muscle atrophy and reflex issues that Darkside's ability to type seem unaffected

Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Thread Information