Page 37 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Re: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Got an appointment with an ENT next week, see what happens but I'll probably have to start back on escitalopram as that kept it at bay for over 3 years since my first bout with it. I don't want to go back on them as i piled on the weight and felt a bit zombie like emotionless but that's better than where I'm at right now

Maybe ask about a different SSRI if you've had problems before?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
    Got an appointment with an ENT next week, see what happens but I'll probably have to start back on escitalopram as that kept it at bay for over 3 years since my first bout with it. I don't want to go back on them as i piled on the weight and felt a bit zombie like emotionless but that's better than where I'm at right now
    Well that puts you well ahead of darkside. You are taking the steps to address the true problem. That does take courage. You may feel like a failure right now having slipped but please try to reduce the mental kicking you will be giving yourself because that's another one of anxiety's little tricks to keeps us stuck in negative thinking.

Plenty of here will offer support should you need it.

Thanks terry, its appreciated.

Blue iris, i will ask the gp about different options and see what they say

Well I’m getting even more worried. For the last days my stomach has been off. Crampy... diarrhea... etc. This has been going for probably 5-6 days now on and off. I’m worried it’s colon cancer honestly. Maybe my groin node is big because of that? My last colonoscopy was about 5 years ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Well I’m getting even more worried. For the last days my stomach has been off. Crampy... diarrhea... etc. This has been going for probably 5-6 days now on and off. I’m worried it’s colon cancer honestly. Maybe my groin node is big because of that? My last colonoscopy was about 5 years ago now.
    Didn’t you say if you got cleared by a Dr. then you wouldn’t be coming back here ? Your groin is probably big from you continuously touching it. Leave it alone.

Honestly darkside... I don’t know how you manage in everyday life.

My last colonoscopy was about 5 years ago now.
    My last one was.......NEVER. People don't go through life having regular colonoscopies you know! 5 days of a slightly bad anxious stomach and you have colon cancer. This is BEYOND ridiculous now.

I'm now officially leaving this thread lol In all honesty I find it entirely tragic and puzzling that you have no intention, seemingly of ever wanting to actually do anything about your Health Anxiety. Year after year, searching for signs of the latest illness and moving rapidly from one terminal issue to another with such astonishing predictability, and yet.....still there seems to be no recognition that YOU ARE MENTALLY AND NOT PHYSICALLY ILL. I can honestly see why people in the past have accused you of being a troll (though I don't think you are).

Didn’t you say if you got cleared by a Dr. then you wouldn’t be coming back here ?
    Absolutely.....except......what we'd not banked on is that the 'being cleared by the Doctor', which happens all the time to Darkside, is never perceived as 'being cleared'. He carries on believing he is terminally ill, just undiagnosed.

This is harsh, I know, but I get the impression some part of him enjoys being the constant star of his own medical soap opera.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    This is harsh, I know, but I get the impression some part of him enjoys being the constant star of his own medical soap opera.
    I actually think that is part of it. Not the attention so much as it becomes such a focus, such a huge part of the daily life, it begins to become difficult imagining what life was like before this manic behavior kicked in.

I know this is how I felt when I was in the worst of it, which seems like a fever dream now. Maybe it will for him one day too, but it's a long ways off and a lot of hard work ahead.

The question is, whether he's willing to put that hard work in.

I think that in some ways I'm quite lucky because I always bitterly resented the time my HA stole from me. It didn't take me too long to accept my irrationality purely because there were so many things I wanted to be doing rather than losing five hours at a time on Google.

Page 37 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread Information