Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Re: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    I had my ENT appointment today. She felt my neck and couldn't feel much really. I told her about the ultrasound and she said 2cm is definitely something she would want to see come down but thought we should kinda "watch and wait" to see if it gets any bigger or becomes more palpable. It's not very obvious to feel it just from the outside of my neck.

She also said with Lymphoma typically it would be a pretty obvious cluster of nodes that are enlarged.
    Translation: The ENT wasn’t concerned at all, but as part of standard protocol she told me to keep an eye on it and come back if it gets any bigger.

So the ENT was happy to take your word for it re the ultrasound your Mum did and the node? He/she didn't want a look at the images?

Hi,

I have CLL (chronic lymphatic leukemia) .. diagnosed 2 and a half years ago and just recently been told it has progressed and i will be on chemo within 2 to 3 years (bit of a bummer considering it could have been 15 years or longer before treatment). My nodes in neck both throat and under ears are big on both sides.. clusters of them and my groin too. My spleen is ok at the moment i hope lol but my anxiety about it through the roof! This itching you talk about? i dont get any of the that and neck pain? I have aches in my neck but not as you put it.

Dont read google.. i do and it doesnt help << i just try to laugh about it .. doesnt always work!

I don't think she was that interested in looking at images because she couldn't really feel it very well from the outside. It's not very obvious just feeling my neck because it's a little deeper in my neck. I would not have really noticed it if my Mom had not ultrasounded it. I would probably still not know it was there.

Honestly I'm not very happy with the visit and will probably seek out a second opinion. I'm not sure she took it very seriously at all. Any node >= 2cm should be suspected for lymphoma, especially with other symptoms like itching, etc.

I will probably go back to my primary care doctor and see if he can direct me somewhere else.

I'm still very convinced I have something going on. Such a waste of time visiting this ENT. I also still have mild soreness when swallowing water sometimes. Not in my throat but like in my neck muscles. So depressing. Why do doctors not take things seriously? It's so dangerous.
    Last edited by darkside4k; 13-09-18 at 22:39.

I’m confused. I thought you noticed it and asked for your mum to do a ultrasound? Or did you have one for no reason and just happen to find it?

- C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew

No I asked my Mom to do an ultrasound because I had noticed a *tiny* bump by my Adam's apple and was having some neck pain. My mom thinks tiny bump is a cyst and it was about 4mm.

After that she scanned around where the neck pain was and saw the node. I did not ask her to take a look because of that node. I did not even know it was there until she scanned it.

I imagine that’s why the ENT wasn’t overly worried then. If it isn’t palpable or visible/growing an enlarged node isn’t usually a major concern.

- C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew

I have leukemia and have told you what i have and feel.. yet you bypass the answers people give you.. it seems odd thats all.

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

Surely you have had blood work? Lymphoma would present in bloods no??

Hey mate, you’re definitely not alone in this. I have itching and multiple swollen nodes. i have had a couple examined by doctors and had bloods done. they were not concerned. of course this hasn’t stopped me spending every day of my life worrying about this. I have tried to convince myself all the nodes are shotty from my mono infection last year, as this would be a plausible explanation, but even this doesn’t ease my mind. The thing with my itching, is i have only felt it as a symptom after i read it was a lymphoma symptom, which is something you could consider. knowing symptoms and worrying about the possibility of them tends to bring them on for me. I know this isn’t much help, as i’m suffering with great anxiety like you, but sometimes hearing similar stories helps us ease our mind.

I may have missed something, but why in the world would your mom do an ultrasound on your neck or anywhere for that matter, UNLESS a doctor ordered one?? That blows my mind. Ultrasound Tech’s aren’t qualified to read those anyway. That’s why we have radiologist’s! I know this because my cousin is an ultrasound tech. Tech’s May be able to tell if something is different but they are not trained to read ultrasounds. Sorry if I missed something saying she is in fact a radiologist! If your doctor didn’t think you needed further testing then you don’t. I’ve had cancer, although not lymphoma. So trust me when I say if your doctor (or any doctor for that matter, such as an ENT) thought for a second you had lymphoma you would be sent for further testing by now!

Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread Information