Page 62 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Re: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Headaches have been quite a bit worse yesterday and today. I actually had to travel to Europe for work so haven't had as much sleep and schedule has been thrown off a bit but that hasn't caused significant headaches for me before. I'm really worried. It's been a little over 3 weeks now since I've been dealing with this, though I did have a period of 5 days or so without much headache symptoms at all in the middle of that.

Before these two worse days, I was having mainly days where I would have like a head / scalp pain for a few seconds or a minute then it would go away and then I would later get a pain on another part of my head for a few seconds or a minute, etc... it wasn't like continuous pain all day necessarily. But, today and yesterday I've basically had more continuous headaches from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. Has anyone experienced and it didn't turn out to be a brain tumor?

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Has anyone experienced and it didn't turn out to be a brain tumor?
    Not one on this board and there's one member in particular you should read about.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Has anyone experienced and it didn't turn out to be a brain tumor?
    Just about everyone, infact probably definitely everyone....including yourself! (2 years ago) What you are describing is tension headaches and scalp/head pain.

It sounds like tension and neuralgia.
    I suffer from occipital neuralgia.The scalp can be sore to touch, and give you nerve shock sensations which are quite hard to tolerate. This is usually caused by neck tension, in particular, around the base of the skull where nerves can be compressed by inflammation. You need to relax, have a warm bath or shower, take some ibuprofen if possible and rest.
    With your HA, I'm not surprised you're giving yourself tension headaches.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You travel to Europe for work? That surely means you have a good job or a career that provides you with health insurance. Please use it to get help for your HA. From reading your posts, it’s hard to imagine you can concentrate on a job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still struggling with headaches. Four weeks now. Went to the doctor today. He gave me steroids and antibiotics in case its a sinus problem. I expect this will not work and I will have to go back soon due to symptoms continuing or even getting worse. Unfortunately it sounds like brain cancer at this time. I have even noticed my cheek feels weird. Like numb or something. But if I pinch it it is not numb. I can feel pain there.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Still struggling with headaches. Four weeks now. Went to the doctor today. He gave me steroids and antibiotics in case its a sinus problem. I expect this will not work and I will have to go back soon due to symptoms continuing or even getting worse. Unfortunately it sounds like brain cancer at this time. I have even noticed my cheek feels weird. Like numb or something. But if I pinch it it is not numb. I can feel pain there.
    If it was actually serious don’t you think your doc would have sent you for more testing like an MRI? or CT of your brain ? Think logically here for a minute.

Is your face drooping? My daughter had a numb cheek with a drooping face and it was Ramsay Hunt Syndrome. Treatable with steroids and anti virals.

Unfortunately it sounds like brain cancer at this time.
    Well of course it does. You've repeated that to yourself and reenforced it over and over and over for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by roseanxiety View Post
    Is your face drooping? My daughter had a numb cheek with a drooping face and it was Ramsay Hunt Syndrome. Treatable with steroids and anti virals.

No, my face isn't drooping. Headache basically continues today. This makes well over 4 weeks actually now that I look at the calendar. Monday will make 5 weeks of headache with only 5 days in there without a headache. This is NOTHING but brain cancer, I'm sorry. People do not have random headaches that last A MONTH. That is not possible. You can only have those types of persistent symptoms if you have a brain tumor causing the headaches to persist that long.

I can't believe it. After all this fearing not only do I get cancer, I get a very dangerous cancer that likely will kill me.

Page 62 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread Information