Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586

Thread: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Re: Lymph Node Update - Scared

But do my symptoms sound like ALS? I'm just recapping in my head.

9 Days Ago: "Work out burn" feeling develops in *both* thighs at the exact same time. Not hours apart. Not even minutes apart. Both thighs at the same time. The day before that I had done a little moderate activity that involved me on my knees for a bit. The first night, I do not remember *any* other symptoms in my body except for a work out burn feeling in my thighs. I remember specifically noting that my lower legs felt entirely normal. That morning I had also taken 40mg of Prednisone.

From what I remember, I also started self-checking various strength related things. Squats, calf raises, heel walking, etc. that first night. Didn't notice any weakness.

The next day, I continued to have the burn feeling in my thighs a bit, though maybe not quite as much. I also noticed some muscle tightness / fatigue in my lower legs and in the backs of my thighs now too. Continued various strength testing things.

Same story the next day... continued feeling of muscle tightness / soreness in lower legs, upper legs, and arms and hands now. I noticed muscle fatigue / soreness in my forearms and my hands, particular the fatty part of the hand near the base of my thumbs. Both hands affected. At this point, all 4 limbs had experienced *some* form of symptoms within 48 hours. On this day I also remember noticing my right shin muscle felt a bit tight when driving and using it to work the pedals. This started to concern me.

From there, the story has basically been the same, although I do not notice much fatigue in my thighs after the first few days. The main fatigue / soreness / tightness is mainly in both arms / hands, and in my right leg, particularly the shin and calf, which scares me majorly because of that muscle being involved with foot drop. I continue to do strength testing exercises like calf raises and heel walking and squatting every day. I am able to perform every day tasks fine like lifting glasses, walking, etc. I do notice some fatigue in both thighs when running up my stairs.

I feel twitching in both legs (front and back - upper and lower) and in my left elbow region (both forearm some and back of arm).

At this point I fear ALS the most. I don't think my symptoms match up well with a brain tumor from what I understand. MS is also a possibility. There is also the possibility (though remote in my mind of course) that the thigh fatigue was just some random fatigue from the activity I was doing the day before which went away after a few days... but that it sent me into a self-checking tailspin in which I continued to irritate my various leg muscles through calf raises and heel walking and now they are inflamed and sore. However, that does not explain that hand / arm soreness / fatigue since I haven't been checking them as much, if at all besides sometimes checking my grip strength (though much less checking than legs).

If I flex out my foot to tighten or extend my calf muscle, I can feel that it is sore. Just like a soreness if you had been running on it or something. Or like shin splints.
    Last edited by darkside4k; 16-09-19 at 22:41.

Re: Lymph Node Update - Scared

You are still ignoring my posts and everyone else's replies so I am closing this thread and please do not create a new one. When you have a diagnosis please PM me to re-open it. Thanks

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586

Thread Information