Thread: Hyoid bone clicking while swallowing, globus sensation and pain in the throat

Hyoid bone clicking while swallowing, globus sensation and pain in the throat

Hello,

I have swallowing issues, my hyoid bone clicks while swallowing, also pops out while turning my head to the left, it feels like my throat is unstable. Also I have a huge pain in front of my neck and around my throat, similar to strangulation feeling. These symptomes started after I experienced a cervical spine trauma. These symtomes are unbearable, I can't live with that. I wonder if there are people who have similar symptomes and if someone found the solution?
    I have been to various medical doctors, but they don't know, how to solve it...

Re: Hyoid bone clicking while swallowing, globus sensation and pain in the throat

Hi there

I haven't injured my neck but I have been struggling with this strangulation feeling for over 2 months now, it is absolutely awful and I do empathise with you. I have recently had bloods done which were satisfactory. I have had an x ray of my neck and seeing GP next week. If nothing has surfaced then I am going to ask for an MRI it has really affected my life and made me feel anxious and depressed, keep thinking I might suffocate.. I would go to your GP so sorry for you..

Re: Hyoid bone clicking while swallowing, globus sensation and pain in the throat

I understand, what are You going through. Mine symptoms started 5 moths ago, I am very tired and depressed... All the tests shows nothing, doctors say I am healthy, but I think my hyoid bone subluxated after that trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernuste View Post
    Hello,

I have swallowing issues, my hyoid bone clicks while swallowing, also pops out while turning my head to the left, it feels like my throat is unstable. Also I have a huge pain in front of my neck and around my throat, similar to strangulation feeling. These symptomes started after I experienced a cervical spine trauma. These symtomes are unbearable, I can't live with that. I wonder if there are people who have similar symptomes and if someone found the solution?
    I have been to various medical doctors, but they don't know, how to solve it...
    Same thing here. Have had ct scans cameras down my throat and they say I'm fine.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iiphuzzii; 22-09-18 at 15:54. Reason: Ive been dealing with this for almost 2 years.

Thread Information