Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple Watch 4 and Health Anxiety

Exclamation Apple Watch 4 and Health Anxiety

Just watched the new press for the new Apple watch and it now allows you to do your own ECG on demand straight from the watch using your finger....... My advice to myself and others?

STAY AWAY!!!!!!! DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!

lol serious tho ..... This is a dangerous road for hypochondriacs.

Re: Apple Watch 4 and Health Anxiety

Lol!! That’s hilarious! A bunch of hypochondriacs doing their ECGs on demand. The image is funny. But I’m sure for people with heart conditions this can be a great thing to have. Although I do wonder how accurate it is. Surely you can’t get as accurate of a reading as a regular ECG machine. If so, this can certainly be more problematic than helpful.

Well apparently it is FDA approved and also they had the president of American heart association approve it and it's accuracy. Sounds pretty solid but terrible for us worriers lol. Image is funny though haha

I have a very nice Samsung Gear3 watch, and it is reasonably accurate most of the time. I do have a heart issue I do need to keep an eye on, so checking my O2 meter and pulse rate occasionally are a good thing, but I learned not long after diagnosis not to check it all the time. I have done well with it, now checking it maybe five times a week, during exercise etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack4440 View Post
    they had the president of American heart association approve it
    They also approved trans fats and very high carbohydrate diets which are proven to be link to diabetes.

Crooked organisation that approves for money. It's not more credible than a Youtube 'influencer'.

My first thought was - this isn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    They also approved trans fats and very high carbohydrate diets which are proven to be link to diabetes.

Crooked organisation that approves for money. It's not more credible than a Youtube 'influencer'.
    The point I'm making is that this ability is bad for people with a health anxiety. It will become an ocd and increase in Dr visits mostly for unnecessary reasons. So your conspiracy theories need not apply :-P

It's not a conspiracy theory. It's actual fact.

A company has to pay a fee for AHA approval, in other words the AHA approves products for money.

It's widely publicised that plenty of their guidelines and approved products are laughably un-good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    It's not a conspiracy theory. It's actual fact.

A company has to pay a fee for AHA approval, in other words the AHA approves products for money.

It's widely publicised that plenty of their guidelines and approved products are laughably un-good for you.
    You're the kind of person that also thinks cancer treatment is a scam and their hiding the cure ....
    I'll not get into a debate, we will agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack4440 View Post
    You're the kind of person that also thinks cancer treatment is a scam and their hiding the cure ....
    Erm, no. You're the kind of person that implies that anybody that doesn't agree with you is a tin foil hat wearing lunatic.

Dropping a thinly disguised insult whilst proclaiming that you won't get into a debate is just passive aggressive nonsense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information