Thread: Serotonin Syndrome??? - Please Help

Serotonin Syndrome??? - Please Help

Hi, so I知 having a really hard time trying not to freak out. I知 waiting for my doctor to call me back. I took one 5 mg Lexapro pill last night about 12 hours ago, I woke up at 5:30, dry heaved and vomited a little. Then had continuous diarrhea until like 9:30. I致e had some goosebumps, some chills. My eyes are not dialated, my body is not running a fever and my heart rate is as normal as could be with anxiety. But I do feel agitated and nauseous and worried. I知 also taking Macrobid antibiotics, synthroid, birth control, and some pepto bismol. I知 worried that with those medicines or maybe my body, but I知 worried I have serotnin syndrome. I知 not taking the lexapro anymore and the half life seems relatively short for one. But still I知 really really worried.

Re: Serotonin Syndrome??? - Please Help

Hi there,

I'm not familiar with Macrobid antibiotics or synthroid, but I have been on birth control with Lexapro and the pharmacist didn't give me a Seratonin Syndrome warning. The only time I received the warning from a pharmacist was when I was taking Effexor and a calcium channel blocker I believe. Your pharmacist would be a great resource. I believe it's highly likely though that you would've received a notification from your pharmacist upon filling these medications as there are warnings built into pharmaceutical programs to check for interactions.

Give the pharmacy a call and ask. It should put your mind at ease. I also think it is really rare, so I'm sure you're okay.

Thread Information