Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Claire Weekes

Re: Claire Weekes

This thread isn't meant to be a debate about who likes Claire Weekes or not (are you guys all on commission or something?) The man was asking for other reference books to help him.

Also how many of you are better after reading Claire Weekes - you are all on this website still. and Claire weekes still suffers from anxiety and panic attacks, despite her writings!

If it was as easy as 'floating past our feelings' we would all be better.

There is a lot more to suffering from anxiety and panic attacks than that - it is a very complex issue and you may need to plough through a host of books before you find a host of tips that work together for the individual.

Still think she is rubbish though.

Commission?

I think when someone calls a respected author's work drivel, and a waste, then they need to expect a reaction from others who feel strongly in favour of her works.

It's horses for courses but such attacks are going to be defended , all in a constructive way of course.

And as far as self help books go, I think she is up there with the best, but self-help books require time and homework, some people are just not ready for that.

Jaco

Claire Weekes - she's helped me soooo much! Talks real sense and in a no-nonsense, easy to understand way. I can't praise her enough!
    Rosekay

Ohh Beadbabe please forgive me Please feel free to send commission courtesy of Manmoor at nmp

Thank You

Donna lmao lol. xx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

I can remember a time when my panic was so bad and my agoraphobia so severe that I couldn't even get out into the back garden to hang out the laundry. The only way I could manage it was by using my walkman with my trusty Claire Weekes tape in and that was the only thing that helped me.

I have read countless books on anxiety and have found a lot of them are hard to read, which is why I like to listen to tapes rather than sit and trawl through a book. When my anxiety is high I can't concentrate on reading usually, but I always found the Claire Weekes books very easy to read.

As for other books or tapes that are helpful, all I can think of is the David Burns CBT book. I have lots of others but I've never been able to get into them.

Well, it's horses for courses really.

I personally found Claire Weekes helpful - I just used to pick up and read a bit when I was feeling so scared of the symptoms.

A friend suggested a Louise Hay book which I found rubbish, yet it sells well!

And Lolly, that was a good one - I hope my attacks stop by the time I meet St. Peter!

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/
    http://cornerhousewoking.org.uk/

http://www.pbase.com/clickaway

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi

Im another Claire Weekes fan too, had a couple of her books and found them really helpful.

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

My recommended reading list is here..

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=reading

I too like Claire and found her books very easy to read and helpful when I was acute with panic and anxiety.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'm glad you lot all feel it is worth having a dig at fellow anxiety sufferers just because you are not willing to listen to another person's point of view.

I am extremely frustrated and hurt at your pathetic attempts at putting me down.

jaco - I have spent two years 'really' working at it to get out of it. Either you suffer really mildly or you have a warped idea of what anxiety really can be. I see a really good counsellor too.

The man who orginally posted in the forum is free to ask a question, and I am free to agree and support him with an alternative book. What is your lot's problem to deny people a point of view and then jump on them with criticism and pathetic comments.

I suffer really badly from anxiety and panic attacks and at times agoraphobia - and it's no wonder really when the world is full of people like you lot. I thought this was a safe place to come and expect support and advice but you bunch have confirmed it is not.

Everyone is different so books are a personal choice.

I think its finding what works for you at that time.

I was recommended a book by the No Panic helpline a few years ago which is written by an ex sufferer and is written in straightforward text, no gobbledegook and is divided into short sections as it can be extremely difficult to actually sit down and read a book when going through anxiety and panic.

Its called: "Breaking free from the anxiety" trap by Terri Conley

I hope you find something that will help

Luv Darkangel

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information