Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I keep cancelling Gastroscopy...

Re: I keep cancelling Gastroscopy...

I feel better .... but like acid reflux goes, you know what it's like, if i eat well and don't drink too much coffee I don't get it, but if you google you read cancer and barretts and no one can tell you if you have that unless you do a gastroscopy. But no i don't feel worse, I"m finally putting on weight, I'm not anemic, I"m not vomiting and I dont get food stuck in my throat - logic says I'm fine. Anxiety says I'M DYING!

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 23:01 ----------

Plus I've had a constant GERD some days, I"ve had it for about 10 years, as long as I've had an anxiety disorder, the two seem to go hand in hand...

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

And now of course because I"m worried about it, I've got reflux again!

So what are you taking for it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My Dad tried to cancel his appointment once because he hates the fuss of doctor's and all that. The Doctor called him and told he didn't think that was the right choice and it semi-urgent for my Dad to go. My point is, they would hardly let you cancel the appointment that many times if they were worried and needed to test you.

Yes this is true, though because it’s a self referral my dr doesn’t know about it - but I’m sure the gastro dr would care if he was concerned. I’m not taking anything actually - if I change my diet after a day it comes right .... I’m still on the verge of just getting the damn thing as it’s the only way I will know!

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

I just read my notes in 2016 he said I didn't need one but could have one for reassurance in 2018 he said I should have one to check for atrophy or something else because of H Pylori and something else i can't find that letter.... maybe I should go bak to my Dr to discuss as well - man they are over me there too!

If your H Pylori has cleared up you won't need an endoscopy. Did you actually have H Pylori in the first place or think you did? Have you been retested since the treatment?

I was tested for it and had to take the course of antibiotics. Finished them back in Feb, retested in March and it was clear. I really don't think I need it, I'm thinking I might see if I can get the barium meal thingy .... the gastroscopy seems really harsh and the possible side effects are terrifying.

I don't think you need anything ...other than help for your HA. You have said that you can improve discomfort by watching your diet and this seems to be the best long term plan to me. You don't want to be taking long term PPIs or similar meds when there is no clinical need for them particularly as self-help obviously works fro you.

The barium swallow test is way harsher than a gastroscopy.

Yes it's no walk in the park and takes ages to come out the other end....

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I don't think you need anything ...other than help for your HA. You have said that you can improve discomfort by watching your diet and this seems to be the best long term plan to me. You don't want to be taking long term PPIs or similar meds when there is no clinical need for them particularly as self-help obviously works fro you.
    Couldn't agree more, you have a condition that you know how to control, no point putting yourself through any more tests.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information