Thread: What is an endoscopy for?

What is an endoscopy for?

I just found out that my dad needs an endoscopy but no-one's told me what it's for. I googled it and nearly every result that came up was from cancer information sites... Are they only used to diagnose life-threatening conditions? What are the chances that it is something serious? I'm really freaking out.

Re: What is an endoscopy for?

An endoscopy is usually to diagnose upper gastrointestinal issues. So mine was to diagnose why I’d been getting heartburn regularly.

Googling never really gives you gentle answers. Have you asked your Dad why he’s having it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mom had one for a hernia in her stomach and yeah most of those are for benign things or minor illnesses and don't think instantly about the big C. It's done often in case of indigestion or pain or heartburn.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Have a read of the posts in this sub-forum and you will see why people have them.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information