Thread: First time taking Mirtazapine

First time taking Mirtazapine

Hello

I've been suffering with very bad anxiety caused by irrational intrusive thoughts. I was recommended cit and took two tablets, they gave me a very badly upset stomach And due to my anxiety I was loosing weight very quickly anyway - it wasn't the medication for me.

I had a good day yesterday however i went to a therapy session and it set me off again. I couldn't sleep my thoughts where insane, it was awful I woke up throwing up due to the anxiety anyway I called the doctor immediately to speak to and they booked me in within an hour. I spoke to her rationalised my thoughts she even commented on how well I've managed to do that and can see I'm constantly working on getting better.

Anyway, I've been prescribed Mirt half a tablet every night to help me sleep and reduce anxiety. I've read some good things in terms of reducing anxiety and being able to sleep! Does anyone have any success stories? I'd really like to hear them right now.

Thank you for reading!

Re: First time taking Mirtazapine

Hi Jellybean,

Sorry to hear you've been in wars.

There are lots of positive stories about Mirt on these boards so take a look through. You will find some negative ones, but, as with all drugs, they don't work for everyone. It helps most people, it seems.

The good thing is that it usually helps pretty fast too, much faster than SSRIs etc. It sounds like your doctor knows his/her business, as Mirt is pretty useful for the condition you describe. Side effects are also low for most people, though you may feel quite hungry, at least initially. You don't say what dose you're on, but 7.5mg to 15mg is generally thought to be the best to promote sleep -

Though as it's not a 'sleeping pill', aim to take around 90-60 minutes before you want to sleep though, at first, you may need a lot less than this time.

Plenty of good people on these boards to help you in this,

Best wishes,

Albert

Thread Information