Hi all,

Often on here looking and it’s a great help.

I’m 37 female and have 4 young children.

For a few months now I’ve been worried about my bowels. I had lots of anxiety around the issue some years ago and had a colonoscopy 8 years ago because of it.. all clear.

I started feeling some pressure around my back passage and not long after that caught a sickness bug from my son About month and a half after that I caught another virus but this time awful constant diarrhoea for a few days once the water was pink as well as feeling awful with a fever and flu like symptoms. Ever since I’ve got over that I’ve had this pressure normally particularly bad when I wee! It feels like I need to pass wind or poo as I wee but I know i don’t and normally the feeling goes once I finish.

I decided on Monday I couldn’t take the worry Any more and went to see my doctor who examined me.. to my horror she said I can feel a lump and would like to refer you.. set in panic!
Due to not being able to wait I paid and saw a private bowel consultant.. he did a good examination, went through things with me and said he is not concerned and there no lump just firm poo up there. He spent a long time talking to me and suggested anti anxiety medicine would be more beneficial than anything else and although he couldn’t say 109% because he said you never can he was extremely confident there was no need to anything further to be done.

After checking all the bloods I had cane back ok which they did I have cancelled the nhs referral. Now having had time to think I’m going through all the what ifs and doubting myself. He said I was constipated despite the fact I go to the toilet like clockwork every morning and never strain really which I why I’m now thinking is he right x thanks for reading x