I got my teeth cleaned about 4 wks ago and about 4 days later started getting this burning pain on one side on the lateral back side of tongue. Never had this before and maybe just coincidence and nothing to do with dentist appt but went back and they referred me oral surgeon.
I had appt with surgeon who's been in practice 30+ yrs and he said it's what's called a lingual foliate papillae, which is basically an inflamed taste bud. Of course having HA, this was reassuring for a few days as he said it's usually caused by viral infection and should go away in 7-10 days. Well it's been nearly a month since it started and now I have same issue on other side. Some days it's very annoying and has this burning like pain, while I've had a couple days where it nearly feels normal. It's great first thing in the morning but slowly gets worse throughout day.
I know I shouldn't be looking this stuff online and it says stress can make these worse but my anxiety is running a bit wild again. Anyways, anyone ever get this?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk