Hi, I posted some years ago on the same subject. I’ve improved slowly over the years, down to, I think, joining a golf club and becoming ‘obsessed ‘ (in a nice way) with golf. Meals and social events have become easier, thankfully. I’ve joined up with a group of ladies and we’ve had some short breaks, mostly I’ve been ok because we were playing golf and were only away for a few days. But ..... I’m going away tomorrow for 7 days with them and stressing big time!
7 days seems a long time and I’m worried I’m going to be in a constant state of panic and not be able to eat anything for the entire 7 days.
Its not a golf break but just a holiday abroad in a hotel. The meals are buffet style which should make it easier but I’m still fretting. I have my backup beta blockers, which I know work for me, so am resigning myself to the fact I may have to take them to get through the week. I travel tomorrow but don’t arrive til late evening, so first meal will be Sunday night.
Any tips? I don’t panic when I’m away with my husband but don’t want to embarrass myself in front of my friends.