Thread: How is the neck supposed to feel?

Question How is the neck supposed to feel?

Quick question,can you feel bones and stuff(muscles I guess)in your neck?
    I'm obsessed with lymph nodes so naturally I keep feeling "lumps" but they're symmetrical in both sides,so I assume they're bones or muscles right?
    Unless ALL of my lymph nodes are swollen

Re: How is the neck supposed to feel?

It sounds like you are looking for things and checking your body which isn't a healthy thing to do.

But yes the neck has to have bones and muscles in it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Of course it's not a healthy thing to do,I'm a hypochondriac
    Anyway I have a sore throat and unfortunately I always start poking my neck when I do,it will go away eventually(both the sore throat and the poking)

Lymph nodes in neck area that swell with leukemia and alike you will find swell in clusters.. area below your ears on the side of your neck and under jaw .. arm pit nodes and groin are also checked by my doctor .. Those are the "big 3" they look for and to be considered a problem.. they have to be both swollen on either side to classify as cluster growth and once i have all 3 im ready for chemo .. at the moment my neck and groin are there but touch wood.. my arm pits are not! Fingers crossed i can fight this off for a little longer so i dont need too start chemo so soon.

This post is not to scare you.. its to put it into context about what you have and what you are feeling for.. a simple blood test will allay your fears and rule out blood cancers like leukemia but i am sure you dont need this anyway.

Id like to add.. you have hundreds of lymph nodes and mine are particularity bad all along my ribs .. little lumps all over!!
    Stay my well my friend!

Your body is made of muscle and bone so pretty much everywhere you prod you will feel one or the other. Trying to identify structures in your neck will never get you anywhere, the more you poke the more worried you will get and will inevitably hurt yourself. If I worried about every lump in my neck I’d never leave the doctors!

- C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Blood View Post
    Of course it's not a healthy thing to do,I'm a hypochondriac
    Anyway I have a sore throat and unfortunately I always start poking my neck when I do,it will go away eventually(both the sore throat and the poking)

So how are you treating the HA then?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information