Thread: High BP

High BP

I was taken to hospital with high BP of 190/80 given about 12 tests and they were all fine but It was suggested that I get a BP monitor and test myself at home,and do they know what this will do to a person with severe GAD who is already light headed 24;7,I don't know if to get one or not,would appreciate any answers,thank you

Re: High BP

i have one and only check twice per week on docs advice. i would make an appointment with your GP and he will give you meds which will lower it dramatically. mine used to be 190/110 quite oftern and i was given meds and over time had them upped and its now sitting at 120/80 and during a panic attack highest 155/95
    Last edited by JulieJay92; 15-09-18 at 13:08.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieJay92 View Post
    i have one and only check twice per week on docs advice. i would make an appointment with your GP and he will give you meds which will lower it dramatically. mine used to be 190/110 quite oftern and i was given meds and over time had them upped and its now sitting at 120/80 and during a panic attack highest 155/95
    Good afternoon @JulieJay92 my friend and thank you for your reply,very much appreciated,have purchased a BP monitor,and it read 146/73 ,I guess I would rather know than not know,and I feel so much better,as I have taken my dog penny out 3 times across the field,been to Tesco's and Argos(wow what a queue
    there was,but stuck it out and have been weeding in the garden most of the day

thats a good difference - you may also have white coat syndrome which shoots it up at drs and a&e etc. I just did mine before long nightshift and it was 139/87 but as my dr said its best to do it in the morning an hour after waking as bp rises through the day which i can now see and you must sit up straight and do it and follow the machines instructions as otherwise the readings are misleading

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

Also i would still advise an appointment with doc incase you DO need meds

my dr also said if your in the middle of anxiety or stress it naturally will send bp soaring and as long as they are not constant readings not to worry, as everybody has occasional spikes in bp (saying that i need to practice what ive just said)

and please dont become addicted to ur machine, 1 or 2 times a week and 2-3 readings at most each time

Sorry to hear you ended up in hospital over this.

I would suggest speaking to your GP from here. It's really not acceptable to land this on you to check just in case you need medication!

Your GP can arrange a 24hr ambulatory test, usually via the practice nurses, where you wear one for a day and they assess the results.

Absolutley agree with MyNameIsTerry...

Rather than trying to dx this yourself, get the GP to do ambulatory monitoring. This is a very accurate way.

If you do have HTN- don't panic (ha, why can't I do this myself?) it's very treatable.

Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Thread Information