Thread: Colonoscopy question

Colonoscopy question

I had a clean colonoscopy except a small polyp that’s was removed and bengin 10 months ago and an endoscopy. Does that mean I don’t need to check stools for any worrying blood as the colonoscopy covers you for quite a few years ? I may add I haven’t seen any blood it’s just the obsessive checking is doing my head in
    Last edited by DaveCH; 16-09-18 at 10:36.

Re: Colonoscopy question

You had an endoscopy? I have one tomorrow - how was that?
    I've had a colonoscopy as well - the Dr said they are good for 5 years, I had one 2 years ago and I'm not worried about anything now, of course though it's good to check just in case!

Quote Originally Posted by tan235 View Post
    You had an endoscopy? I have one tomorrow - how was that?
    I've had a colonoscopy as well - the Dr said they are good for 5 years, I had one 2 years ago and I'm not worried about anything now, of course though it's good to check just in case!
    Endoscopy I did with just the throat spray and colonoscopy with gas the endoscopy was ok just a lot of gagging which is normal. Glad I got mine as found out I had celiacs disease. I know you should check but stool checking is an obsession for me which I hate so I’m thinking am I safe just to flush and not check

How did they remove the polyp?

I obsess about stool as well! But I think you should still check every now and then but you should feel pretty safe that anything that happens at the moment will be benign and especially if you've had an endoscopy as well!!!!

I'm only doing throat spray as well - I'm terrified about side effects from it but it seems most people are ok - was the tube thing down the throat bigger than you thought?

Seriously if everything was ok - relax, go and eat cake!

---------- Post added at 08:12 ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 ----------

oh ps yes just flush ... check every Wednesday or something.... but I don't check on purpose sometimes as i'm obsession, I will even take the poop out of the water and dissect it! Yes you heard me right! I wear glove etc but still ... I'm OCD about stool

I obsess about stool as well! But I think you should still check every now and then but you should feel pretty safe that anything that happens at the moment will be benign and especially if you've had an endoscopy as well!!!!

I'm only doing throat spray as well - I'm terrified about side effects from it but it seems most people are ok - was the tube thing down the throat bigger than you thought?

Seriously if everything was ok - relax, go and eat cake!

---------- Post added at 08:12 ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 ----------

oh ps yes just flush ... check every Wednesday or something.... but I don't check on purpose sometimes as i'm obsession, I will even take the poop out of the water and dissect it! Yes you heard me right! I wear glove etc but still ... I'm OCD about stool

I do the same and sometimes you see some red pepper or tomatoe and freak out lol. The camera used for colonoscopy they can attached something to it and remove the polyp. Same thing with endoscopy they took 8 biopsies from my small intestines because they could see flattening of my villi which is a clear sign of celiacs disease but it repairs itself once you go on a gluten free diet. Endoscopy only takes 10 to 15 mins

How big was the device they shove down your throat? did you feel fine afterwards or sore?

---------- Post added at 08:28 ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 ----------

sorry to hijack your post oh yes and with the stool then you freak out trying to remember what it is you ate the night or two nights before and then you obsessively keep picking away at your pooh like a crazy person! Imagine if anyone saw what we were doing..they would think we were insane! I've haven't done it for a while for the record

How big was the device they shove down your throat? did you feel fine afterwards or sore?

---------- Post added at 08:28 ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 ----------

sorry to hijack your post oh yes and with the stool then you freak out trying to remember what it is you ate the night or two nights before and then you obsessively keep picking away at your pooh like a crazy person! Imagine if anyone saw what we were doing..they would think we were insane! I've haven't done it for a while for the record
    It’s maybe a cm in diameter I didn’t really look but would Will gag a lot and throat might be a little irritated afterwards but it’s no big deal. Put it this way if I was to have another one I would just use the spray again it wasn’t that bad

Thanks Dave. Best of luck no worrying about your poop - you'll be fine.

---------- Post added at 08:48 ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 ----------

1cm is huge!!

---------- Post added at 08:50 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

wait not it's not I was looking at 1inch!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information