Thread: advice!

advice!

hi...
    i will appologise now as i dont always post at the mo but when i do i do tend to waffle a bit... so please bare with me...i think i just need some re-assurance right now.
    as you know from my old thread my partner left me but had to stay here for a few weeks until he could get his flat... he only lives just down the road from me, well yesterday i moved the last bit of his furniture... i thought i would feel good that there is an end to it but it has just set my emotions well off on one! we have had contact by both text/calls and ive seen him...
    the problem i have is that half of me wants to lose all contact and part of me doesnt...i do not love him nor would i take him back this time and i think thats whats confusing me feeling this way. i have not given in and text/rung much but i do tend to reply when he contacts me... he is seeing someone else and over the last few weeks he has said some not very nice things to me... so why do i care so much? will this get easier so that i dont think about him and what he is doing and if he is ok cos i cant see an end to it at the moment.
    my panic and anxiety have been fairly good most of the time...but when i dont hear from him i worry if he is ok... yes i know mad or what! he doesnt ask us if we ok... i am being very good in that i try to keep whats going on here private when i speak to him.
    i just want to be strong enough to get through this and quickly(ive not much patience at the best of time)
    well thank you for listening to me maon again
    rach

Re: advice!

Hiya,

when you have been with someone for a while it is hard to cut ties completely and this will take time. Even if we stop loving someone it doesnt mean we dont still care for them.

Just give it time mate and it will get easier

your doing so well lately so keep up the good work

Love

Trac xxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

You already know what I think - it's familiar hun and we all need some of that even when it comes from a source that also brings pain. It will pass though and you will need that familiarity less and less.

Here if you need me - catch you soon.

Love Piglet

Hi Rach,

You can not be in love with someone but still love and care for them when you have been with them for a long time. I agree with Trac and Piglet that it is difficult to cut the ties and it is what you have been familiar with. I think you are doing a great job by not texting and phoning him, to me that is a great sign. Soon you will stop worrying over him and move forwards even more.

Hugs,

Laura

thank you all so very much...
    i dont know where i would be with out this site you lot are great and very special people.
    i am sad today... and fed up of being sad
    i want this pain and hurting to stop...i trust you guys totally so know it will eventually.
    i thought it would get easier but just at the moment it is getting worse... even though i am coping better i ymself if that makes any sense at all.
    i am finding that so much is going wrong and problems with the kids seem 100 times worse when alone.
    thank you all so much for being there
    rach

Hi rach

Ive just read your thread and God I could have written this 2 years ago.
    It is painful and your emotions will be all over the place and that is OK to feel like that. In time it will heal and you will move on and be so much stronger. You will find yourself in situations that you will deal with and you will cope no matter what. Its perfectly normal to feel sad...............a good cry is so good, talking about how you feel is good too.

Like you I kept contact by phone to discuss our child, but only that, no small talk, nothing. You will find an inner strength you didnt know even existed hunni.

Take care and keep strong

Luv Darkangel x x

thank you

Hi Rach

I haven't really got anything to add but just wanted to say you've been really brave and I'm thinking of you

Karen xx

Thread Information