Thread: Side Effects?

Side Effects?

Not sure if what I'm experiencing is side effects of taking escitalopram or not.

I was preciously on zoloft (for several years) but after discussion with my M.D. decides to switch to escitalopram. I followed a 6 week titration schedule that weaned me off of 200mg zoloft and onto 20mg cipralex. I am currently on my second week of taking just the cipralex and I've been having some weird symptoms.

Twice in the past two weeks I've jolted awake in the middle of the night because I had such bad reflux I thought I was going to vomit. And then for the past week or so I've been experiencing more gas than usual and find that after I eat I have horrible indigestion and feel nauseous.

Of course my health anxiety is making me feel like I'm having these symptoms because something is wrong with me and I will call my doctor tomorrow to schedule an appt. to talk all this over. But has anyone else experienced this? I'd honestly think I was pregnant if I didnt know better because that's the only other time I ever felt so sick like this.

Re: Side Effects?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Side Effects?

I'm on the 4th day of lexapro 15mg. I have a strong burning in the esophagus and part of the chest. This is normal?

Thread Information