Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zopiclone 7.5mg

Zopiclone 7.5mg

Ive been prescribed these to help me sleep during a high health anxiety state.

Has anyone else tried these? I am med phobic so scared to take them.

Re: Zopiclone 7.5mg

Yes, and they're very effective so don't worry about them.

But if you're like me, be prepared for a bitter aftertaste in the morning!

Thankyou

Hi MamaCass,
    I took zopiclone for a month, and it was the best i ever slept. I had no side effects apart from the taste of metal in my mouth on a morning as mentioned in the reply from pamplemousse, soon washed away with a cup of tea
    Best wishes, Otterman.

Thankyou Otterman

I’ve been taking Zopiclone for 19 years! Every night! They still work for me and I have never had any side-effects. They are demonised by doctors, but have been my salvation.

I hope you have a good experience with them.

Amazing they still work! I was put on them once but took every second night. The night I didn't take was insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    Amazing they still work! I was put on them once but took every second night. The night I didn't take was insomniac
    It probably doesn't work, just that taking it prevents withdrawal expressed as insomnia. Insomnia is rarely, if ever, a permanent condition.

I take a quarter to a half of a 7.5mg zopiclone when I can't get to sleep. However I get a dreadful hungover feeling the next day and feel so awful with horrible depression and not being able to think clearly that I don't know why I even bother to take it. I can be alright sleepwise for periods of time, maybe two or three weeks will go by but am getting insomnia on a more regular basis now, I feel overstimulated with racing thoughts which I can't switch off and I just can't get to sleep. Sometimes it just comes out of the blue for no reason, other times it happens if I am very stressed by something or it can be something joyful which overstimulates me. One way or another it is having a detrimental effect on my quality of life as I am putting off things because I don't know how I will feel on that particular day. My brother lives in another country and I am desperate to visit him but I know I will feel overstimulated with excitement and anxiety and will feel overwhelmed and won't be able to sleep when I'm there. I am so frightened I will be a nervous wreck. I have tried therapy, but that only works up to a point. If I could just take something which would help me to switch off at night during the visit I would be alright.

I started Mirtazapine (which I have taken in the past) last night. But I just feel it's a shame that I have to be on something every day when as I say I am alright for periods of time. I just wish there was something I could take for sleep which which wouldn't have horrible consequences the following day. I do envy people who can take zopiclone and not suffer any ill effects. If anyone reading this has had success with a sleep medication without side effects please let me know. Maybe part of my problem is that I need be on mirtazapine and just need to accept that that is the way things are at the moment.

Sorry if this post comes across as a bit rambling, but as I said I just started on mirt last night and it leaves me a little cognitively challenged for the first 3 or 4 days.

IHi BB

I've been on 50mg Quetiapine an anti-psychotic for sleep and it works with no side effects, just some zombification in the first 2 or 3 days. However I know it's not good stuff for the rest of your body and have just placed a question asking panic down under if certain antihistamines can be used instead. Follow his replies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information