Thread: Why has blood pressure increased so much

Why has blood pressure increased so much

Recent 30yr old 205lb 5’11 male. Medication Losartan 25mg. Average blood pressure reading lately has been 140-160/80-90. Sometimes higher. I had a reading last year in March at the doctors office of 122/78. Since then it seems my blood pressure has increased over time. I had a stress echo a few months ago due to a pain in my chest and unrelated to my BP. Nothing was abnormal. I brought up my BP at a doctors appointment in July and was retested a week later and was then put on medication. It was 160/100. I don’t understand what would cause such an increase. I was on Prozac for stress/anxiety/depression. Could my BP be high due to not being on that and trying to cope with daily life struggles.

Re: Why has blood pressure increased so much

Quote Originally Posted by Deepseathree View Post
    Recent 30yr old 205lb 5’11 male. Medication Losartan 25mg. Average blood pressure reading lately has been 140-160/80-90. Sometimes higher. I had a reading last year in March at the doctors office of 122/78. Since then it seems my blood pressure has increased over time. I had a stress echo a few months ago due to a pain in my chest and unrelated to my BP. Nothing was abnormal. I brought up my BP at a doctors appointment in July and was retested a week later and was then put on medication. It was 160/100. I don’t understand what would cause such an increase. I was on Prozac for stress/anxiety/depression. Could my BP be high due to not being on that and trying to cope with daily life struggles.
    Stress and Anxiety can increase Blood Pressure. Where do you get it checked? I know that I had high blood pressure once because of how the blood pressure was taken. Whatever it might be.

I know that my Blood Pressure is always higher when I'm worrying. Then when I'm calm it's PERFECT.

Try relaxing and then go take your BP.

I’ve had it done at the doctors office, on a machine in a pharmacy, and a home cuff I just recently bought. I usually do deep breathing before hand and relax as much as possible.

So does your GP believe you have Hypertension?

If they want to view your blood pressure more effectively they can try a 24hr ambulatory test. They do this test anyway over here and it's known to reduce misdiagnosis of Hypertension caused by white coat syndrome.

They prescribed me medication. So I suppose he has some belief. I just don’t understand why it would increase so much in basically a year. No crazy weight gain or change in diet and I have been back to exercising for months now. I’m still wondering if Prozac actually helped me that much or if I actually have hypertension. That’s what I can’t figure out.

Thread Information