Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabies fear from trash

Re: Whats the chance of getting rabies from a mouse?

Whats the chance of getting rabies from a mouse?

A real one or an imaginary one that you imagined ran over your foot that you didn't see or feel?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Whats the chance of getting rabies from a mouse?

i 100% sympathise with you dude..i have rabies anxiety currently..even got all of those shots in my neck because i thought "maybe" a bat scratched me...it didn't of course, my mind made it up, i just thought i saw and felt something on my neck, could'vebeen a million things.
    I constantly checked under my bed and in my closet and stuff for signs of bats because i was so sacred, still am a little scared but its getting better. Hang in there..your mind plays tricks.

Could I get hiv from blood getting into a cut?

I was using a public restroom and i had my hand near the trash where a paper towel was that looked like it had blood on it. So i went to wash my hands and while i was washing i noticed there was red stuff in the sink.(neither of these were my blood) i am worried because my hands are really dry so i have some minor cuts. Could i get hiv from this if the blood ended up touching my cuts?

Re: Could I get hiv from blood getting into a cut?

Oh Moso... knowing your fears as you've posted previously, I do understand why you would fear this but it's just not something you should worry about. It stretches the boundaries of irrationality to the extreme. I hope your anxiety allows you to believe it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

HIV is fragile. It can't live long outside of a host or vacuum. Once air gits it, it starts to die. That plus you do not have a huge open wound on your hand makes you getting HIV From that blood impossible. trust me I work around blood everyday and have had multiple like scares from bloody surgical instruments

This all day^ no way you can get HIV from any scenario like you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by nivekc251 View Post
    HIV is fragile. It can't live long outside of a host or vacuum. Once air gits it, it starts to die. That plus you do not have a huge open wound on your hand makes you getting HIV From that blood impossible. trust me I work around blood everyday and have had multiple like scares from bloody surgical instruments
    This poster has been asking these questions multiple times and kept asking if she can get HIV from toilet seats/washing machines/door knobs/whatever.
    It makes no difference if you keep posting these medical facts over and over. She will be back with a new, forgive the expression, stupid question about whter to get HIV from this or that. Even if she is told a million times how not to get it. This is an extreme and severe case of irrational health anxiety that is not even based on real scientifical medial facts. Plus, she is contributing to the stigma of real life HIV victims who for decades have thought agaisnt the paranpia she is ecxpressing, so sorry, my empathy for this is limited. HIV patients has fought against the irrational idea that they are walking virus bombs. You thought they won against this stigma but posts here proves they have not.
    The OP needs serious profesional mental treatment, not to be told a million times that "you can not get HIV this way".

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moso13 View Post
    I was using a public restroom and i had my hand near the trash where a paper towel was that looked like it had blood on it. So i went to wash my hands and while i was washing i noticed there was red stuff in the sink.(neither of these were my blood) i am worried because my hands are really dry so i have some minor cuts. Could i get hiv from this if the blood ended up touching my cuts?
    What are you doing to treat your extreme and fundamentally irrational health anxiety. It is not normal to ask such questions, it is extreme. Seek professional help. And dont waste your GPs time woith such questions. They have real patients to care about. You KNOW how not to get HIV deep inside. You have an irrationality that ois beyond. You know deep inside that these questions are stupid. Plus they are an evidence that the old stigma against HIV patients is unfortunately something that is on the historys trash dump yet.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    This poster has been asking these questions multiple times and kept asking if she can get HIV from toilet seats/washing machines/door knobs/whatever.
    It makes no difference if you keep posting these medical facts over and over. She will be back with a new, forgive the expression, stupid question about whter to get HIV from this or that. Even if she is told a million times how not to get it. This is an extreme and severe case of irrational health anxiety that is not even based on real scientifical medial facts. Plus, she is contributing to the stigma of real life HIV victims who for decades have thought agaisnt the paranpia she is ecxpressing, so sorry, my empathy for this is limited. HIV patients has fought against the irrational idea that they are walking virus bombs. You thought they won against this stigma but posts here proves they have not.
    The OP needs serious profesional mental treatment, not to be told a million times that "you can not get HIV this way".

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

What are you doing to treat your extreme and fundamentally irrational health anxiety. It is not normal to ask such questions, it is extreme. Seek professional help. And dont waste your GPs time woith such questions. They have real patients to care about. You KNOW how not to get HIV deep inside. You have an irrationality that ois beyond. You know deep inside that these questions are stupid. Plus they are an evidence that the old stigma against HIV patients is unfortunately something that is on the historys trash dump yet.
    I would disagree about this being extreme, it's pretty common as far as irrationality goes. Looking at the many rabies threads only demonstrates this. Severity is based on how much it impacts your life, it's not just about how "far out" you may be in term of irrational thinking. Based on this you would have thought my Magical Thinking was crazy.

And your comments about her contributing to stigma against those with HIV/AIDS are lacking in evidence. She has asked, not stated as fact that you can catch it via x, y or z. Is she denying scientific fact? No.

Are OCDers no longer allowed to discuss their fears because they are contributing to stigma?
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 16-04-18 at 05:21.

If a person has HIV fears (which is pretty common) it may help to talk to someone from the Aids Foundation/Clinic. I'm presuming they are worldwide, the Dr's/counselors there have all the knowledge and willingness to explain things in detail.

Their websites usually have a section that deals with all sorts of question and answer scenarios which may help put one's mind at rest.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    If a person has HIV fears (which is pretty common) it may help to talk to someone from the Aids Foundation/Clinic. I'm presuming they are worldwide, the Dr's/counselors there have all the knowledge and willingness to explain things in detail.

Their websites usually have a section that deals with all sorts of question and answer scenarios which may help put one's mind at rest.
    It may. But I dont think that is the issue with the OP because she has been told hundreds of times HOW HIV is contracted and how it is not contracted but still keep coming back over and over and over asking if she can get HIV from a bruise and stuff like that. I think serious profesional help is the only thing that works because it has become an obsession.
    Most people would be reassured by being told that HIV is an STD and that non-sexual transmission could only be possible by injecting large nd fresh amount of fresh blood into the veins by a needle. Most people rest assured by that if told this as scientific fact plus the fact that not a single reported case on the entire planet has been contracted HIV by hanshaking someone with HIV or touched a dirty doorknob.

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post

It may. But I dont think that is the issue with the OP because she has been told hundreds of times HOW HIV is contracted and how it is not contracted but still keep coming back over and over and over asking if she can get HIV from a bruise and stuff like that. I think serious profesional help is the only thing that works because it has become an obsession.
    Most people would be reassured by being told that HIV is an STD and that non-sexual transmission could only be possible by injecting large nd fresh amount of fresh blood into the veins by a needle. Most people rest assured by that if told this as scientific fact plus the fact that not a single reported case on the entire planet has been contracted HIV by hanshaking someone with HIV or touched a dirty doorknob.

I think fear of non-sexual exposure to HIV was way larger in the 1980s when the masses were more ignorant to what HIV really was. But one would believe that in 2018 people knows better but now.

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

And your comments about her contributing to stigma against those with HIV/AIDS are lacking in evidence. She has asked, not stated as fact that you can catch it via x, y or z. Is she denying scientific fact? No.
    Not directly denying it, but has been told them dosens of times in here. And HIV victims has been fighting the stigma that their existence is a living threat to anyone around them. How do you think OP would react if she shaked hand with someone with HIV and found out later? I am willing t bet a fine bottle of champagne she would be here posting a question whter she could get HIV from handshaking that person("there cut be a little cut on my hand").

BTW, I have handshaked many people with HIV.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information