Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabies fear from trash

Re: Could I get hiv from blood getting into a cut?

PV, she very might well do but it doesn't cause offence to someone if you don't show it at the time.

How can anyone discuss Contamination fears in OCD then when it comes to HIV/AIDS? And it also raises the question about the other side of this, that stigma against OCD sufferers is contributed to by those without anxiety who actually have HIV/AIDS.

(I do not believe those with HIV/AIDS do this, it's a valid point about how this swings both ways when it comes to ignorance)

I've probably shaken hands with HIV/AIDS sufferers too, they know it can't be transmitted that way so you will never know who they are.

Worried about bats again.

Sorry to post something like this again. Haven't posted about this issue in awhile and was getting better, but earlier today I got a fear. And before you get mad I am trying to get better. I went to my doctor about my anxiety issues(causing actual health problems) and I am getting help now and about to start counseling. I just need help to calm my brain right now from people who understand anxiety. During the summer bats live in the roof of my house of our porch. And they fly out during the evening/night to get food. During this evening I was standing on the porch about to go in when I heard a weird screeching noise(think its a bat, but maybe could have been a bird or something else) Well after I went inside the back of my neck was stinging especially when I showered and now its aching. My brain is thinking its a bat bite which makes me scared of rabies, but I know Im just being paranoid and how unlikely that is. How can I just get my brain to shut it off?

My dog attacked a deer. Should I be concerned about rabies.

So my dog got her rabies vaccine in February of 2016 I believe. My mom said the vaccine is good for 2 years but we havent heard from the vet like we usually do that it is time for her to get it again, so hopefully the vaccine is still working. Well I was going for a walk with my dog and she took off after something inside the forest I saw a white butt so I believe it was a deer and I heard her whimpering and I heard the deer? whimpering so I believed she bit it and it may have bit her. She's fine, didnt get hurt. She has been acting normal the past couple days. So normally I wouldn't be worried since she has her vaccine but the thing is she licks everything. So we come into contact with her saliva all the time. My mom laid my spoon down on a spot on the coffee table where she walks by and licks and I used the spoon anyway to try to overcome my anxiety, but now Im still worried. Should rabies be a concern? I dont know why she has to go attacking deer haha

Re: My dog attacked a deer. Should I be concerned about rabies.

Quote Originally Posted by Moso13 View Post
    Well I was going for a walk with my dog and she took off after something inside the forest I saw a white butt
    Could have been a naturist

If she's up to date on vaccine then there is no reason to suggest there is a problem. But it's good that you are trying not to let it beat you. Remember, vaccinated = yes, the rest are just thoughts "what ifs" which you can let float over you rather than be sucked in.

More likely a deer would kick, or butt if they have antlers, rather than bite. Deer antler is good for dogs, just not while it's still on the deer!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Could have been a naturist

If she's up to date on vaccine then there is no reason to suggest there is a problem. But it's good that you are trying not to let it beat you. Remember, vaccinated = yes, the rest are just thoughts "what ifs" which you can let float over you rather than be sucked in.

More likely a deer would kick, or butt if they have antlers, rather than bite. Deer antler is good for dogs, just not while it's still on the deer!
    Thats what i am worried about. My mom said she's up to date it lasts 2 years but she was given that vaccine in Feb of 2016. So that would be more than 2 years, but we havent gotten a reminder from the vet. And I just stubbed my toe and its bleeding and she licks our floors all the time so thats great for my anxiety.

so....

The deer would have to have rabies - very unlikely

The deer would have to have drawn blood even to have a posibility of passing on the non existent rabies - It didn't

The dog would then have to have bitten you and punctured the skin OR licked you in your mouth, or any other orifice with bodily fluid - It hasn't

For you to get rabies off a floor your dog has licked, you would need to have broken skin on your feet while walking around bare foot on the floor...... and of course that would beIF the virus lived on inanimate objects for a while - It really doesn't!

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    so....

The deer would have to have rabies - very unlikely

The deer would have to have drawn blood even to have a posibility of passing on the non existent rabies - It didn't

The dog would then have to have bitten you and punctured the skin OR licked you in your mouth, or any other orifice with bodily fluid - It hasn't

For you to get rabies off a floor your dog has licked, you would need to have broken skin on your feet while walking around bare foot on the floor...... and of course that would beIF the virus lived on inanimate objects for a while - It really doesn't!
    Thank you so much for talking some sense into me. I was just worried because she came close to licking my toe today and I'm not sure if saliva got on it or not. But even if she did lick my wound the chance of getting rabies from that would be extremely small, right? Haha she literally licks me every time she walks by me. I think dogs do that when they are anxious so she must have anxiety.

The rabies vaccine is good for three years, and even if they are a little behind, if you tested their titers, they would probably be high and not even need the vaccine. I know this because rabies is a huge trigger of mine. My dogs recently killed a mouse and I lost it! My mom is a vet tech and she told me all this

Quote Originally Posted by Moso13 View Post
    Thank you so much for talking some sense into me. I was just worried because she came close to licking my toe today and I'm not sure if saliva got on it or not. But even if she did lick my wound the chance of getting rabies from that would be extremely small, right? Haha she literally licks me every time she walks by me. I think dogs do that when they are anxious so she must have anxiety.
    you are welcome.....

your dog would have to have rabies...... which it doesn't, for the remotest possible chance for it to pass it to you

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Having bat fears again. Need sense talked into me.

Even though I feel I am getting better at overcoming this phobia, Im having a little relapse today with the other non-related health problems I am having right now. Bats are living in the roof of my house near our front door. I know this because there is bat feces on our porch so I know they are there for sure. I was going into the house earlier today and I heard a weird hissing sound(not exactly a hiss, but the sound was hard to explain.) I quickly went inside and am now afraid I got bit and of getting rabies because ever since that happened I have been having really bad achey pain that radiates from top of my head to the back of my neck. I know I didnt feel anything on me but if it bit my neck it would have been on the back of my hair so I dont know if I would have felt it? Hopefully I would have. And I didnt see a bat but again I went in fast so maybe I didnt see it? But I am pretty sure I would have felt it or seen it if it bit me and bats dont usually attack people(unless rabid) Maybe it was making sound to use its echolocation to see where it was. My mom said Im fine and probably my head and neck hurt from playing badmitten yesterday. Hopefully she's right. Can someone try to help calm me down? This stuff has been bothering me less, but right now its bad because of my other stress :(

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information