Thread: is this normal?

is this normal?

I;ve been taking lustral 50mg for 13 days for anxiety/depression and have now started to feel nauseous/tired/trembling - is this 'normal' and will this go away? do you think I should keep going with this? sorry - just seem to need so much reassurance.

thanks everyone
    JB

Re: is this normal?

Hi JB, I've never taken an SSRI med, but I do know that quite a number of people do experience those kinds of symptoms when they first take them. Hopefully they should subside as your body gets used to the med. If you are very worried you could perhaps phone the pharmacist to get some reassurance as they usually have plenty of time and also knowledge to offer reassurance over the phone. I hope you feel better soon.

JB,
    I was on Setraline (Lustral) for 8 weeks and had very similar side effects for the first 2 or so. I changed after 8 weeks because depite increasing my dose the doc reckoned they weren't working. Id previously tried Citalopram with similar (frightening) side effects. I'd say 2 things here. Side effects like these are very common (almost normal!) with SSRIs. If you can live with them give them a go they will usually disappear after a few weeks. Secondly (and please this is only advice as I am NOT a medical person) dont be afraid to swap to a different SSRI with the help of your doc you should find the right one for you. Im currently on my third try and finding Fluoxetine (Prozac) is helping me a great deal.
    Best of luck my friend.

Andy

Thanks Andy

I'm at my wits end - have been suffering for a long time and have lost faith in the medical/psychiatric profession...

I've been using lorazepam to take away the awful anxiety and am dead scared that I may have become addicted to them - thus the aches/skaing etc.. I've taken at least 1x 1mg per day for the past 3 months so am going to stop these immediately.

Thanks for your advice/support
    John

Thread Information