Thread: Yellow stools

Yellow stools

Hello everyone

I’m new here, came across this forum and like the way you help each other :-)
    I’ve got health anxiety and generalized anxiety for many years, and aften a stressfull summer it is very bad.
    I have had diarrea/loose stools for 3 weeks now. I started taking psyllium husks to balance my bowle movements and it has helped a lot. I don’t have to rush to the toilet anymore, and the stool is firmer. But ever since I started taking the fiber supplement, my stool has been yellow. That keeps my anxiety running crazy - I dread every time I’m going to the toilet.
    I have read that anxiety can cause yellow stools - any of you got experience with that?
    I an constantly afraid of bowle cancer and it stresses me out - please share you’re thoughts...

Troldepus

Re: Yellow stools

Hi

Couple of months ago I had the same issue... Diarrhea for several weeks and then yellow stool...

I was so anxious.....

I did a gastroscopy and colonoscopy and nothing was found. I became more relaxed and the yellow stools stopped gradually.

This is the problem with anxiety... We are causing thoose symptoms to ourselves, then we think it's something very serious, then we become more anxious... It's a never ending circle.... I know exactly how you feel.

You can do the medical tests I mentioned above if you think it will calm you down. You should also start taking care of the health anxiety.... I just started takin cipralex... hope it will do some help.

Good luck
    Max

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hello

I suffer with IBS and have done for 20 plus years. The colour of your stool can depend on what you eat. For example if you eat dark foods or drink dark liquids then it will look a lot darker or sometimes black especially if you have eaten beetroot or drank guinness the night before (done that many many many times and had black stools) also if you eat beetroot then you can have black stools and purple/reddish peepee (again been there and done that many times)

I am sure there is nothing wrong with you

Ive had yellow stool dozens of times. I’m currently freaking out about bathroom stuff too, but I’ve had the yellow stools off and on for over a year. Had tests and things as well, but nothing found. I really thinks it’s probably anxiety or stress, which can cause ibs type stuff. My doctors have never been worried about it. One did tell me that gallstones can cause this, but bloods and ultrasound were good, so it’s just my anxiety. I’m sure you’re just fine.

If you are still having yellow stools, it might be worth having an ultrasound scan as mentioned in the previous post.
    I had the same problem along with other issues I assumed were just another manifestation of anxiety.
    So I postponed going to the doctor.
    He ordered blood tests & ultrasound. The scan showed multiple gallstones.
    A scan is a short procedure done in 10 minutes or so. It can be a little uncomfortable for a couple of minutes, but it really is painless.
    It might be worth getting it done if only to put your mind at rest.

Thread Information