Thread: Rectal bleeding, lots of it ..

Rectal bleeding, lots of it ..

Firstly to warn you- this post will obviously contain talk of bowel motions etc

Since having my daughter 14 months ago, I’ve experienced recital bleeding noticeable on the toilet paper after wiping on and off. I had a sigmoidoscopy in feb which came back ok. However, for the last couple of weeks, the bleeding has been every time I open my bowels and over the last few days it has included small clots ! It’s not just spots on the paper, it’s a really substantial amount :(

Just wondered if anyone can relate, i am putting off making a GP appointment because I don’t want to bother them AGAIN and can almost hear the receptionists rolling their eyes every time I phone 😭

Re: Rectal bleeding, lots of it ..

Probably internal hemorroids

Thanks for your reply. I thought haemorrhoids only produced a small amount of blood on the paper; this is a lot, every time :(

My guess would be hemorroids since you have a baby recently. Mine were horrific after giving birth and still flare up 4 years later. It could also be fissures, which can bleed a lot. If it's bright red blood, it's generally not worrisome. I know exactly how you feel about talking with the receptionist at your doctor's office, but honestly, if you're bleeding a lot and it's worrying you it's worth calling. Women go through so much shit after having babies, and I think we convince ourselves it's fine to just live with these things. So, while as far as health anxiety is concerned, this is almost certainly nothing sinister, in the name of feminism I'd call the doctor!

Don't feel that way about scheduling an appointment if they have not found a cause for the bleeding. You have a lgit issue that you want to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostu View Post
    Probably internal hemorroids
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    My guess would be hemorroids since you have a baby recently. Mine were horrific after giving birth and still flare up 4 years later. It could also be fissures, which can bleed a lot. If it's bright red blood, it's generally not worrisome. I know exactly how you feel about talking with the receptionist at your doctor's office, but honestly, if you're bleeding a lot and it's worrying you it's worth calling. Women go through so much shit after having babies, and I think we convince ourselves it's fine to just live with these things. So, while as far as health anxiety is concerned, this is almost certainly nothing sinister, in the name of feminism I'd call the doctor!

Thank you. I’m sure it’s not a fissure as I’ve had one of those before and that was sooo painful. I don’t have any pain with this (unfortunately, because if I did I could put it down to fissures! Thanks again 🙏

Rtpx - it's very reassuring because of your recent sigmoidoscopy back in February. As I'm sure you're worried about "the big C" - rest assured that this takes a very long time (years) to grow.

I don't think there's anything more going on here than haemorrhoids. However, it would be worth mentioning to your GP the blood clots. Sometimes, mucus in the stool (another generally harmless symptom) can mix with blood, giving it the appearance of "clots". I know this because it actually happened to me. Nothing sinister found.

But please run it past your GP again - I'm sure it will just be reassurance you're given

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Piles - I have them and get a LOT of blood.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGaGa View Post
    Rtpx - it's very reassuring because of your recent sigmoidoscopy back in February. As I'm sure you're worried about "the big C" - rest assured that this takes a very long time (years) to grow.

I don't think there's anything more going on here than haemorrhoids. However, it would be worth mentioning to your GP the blood clots. Sometimes, mucus in the stool (another generally harmless symptom) can mix with blood, giving it the appearance of "clots". I know this because it actually happened to me. Nothing sinister found.

But please run it past your GP again - I'm sure it will just be reassurance you're given
    Thank you! I am also a health care professional with health anxiety.. which makes it even worse repeatedly going to the gp! I find myself sayin - “I swear I’m not like this at work..!”

Thread Information