Thread: Coming off ?

Coming off ?

So I take 150 am , 150 lunch time and 100 before bed , how easy is this drug to come off of ?

Any advice welcome

Re: Coming off ?

Depends on how long you have been on it?
    I have been taking it for 8 years and it worked well in the beginning
    But not at all now really. Tried to come off it completely once from 200mg reducing it around 25 mg a week. The hard part was when withdrawing completely then The panic hit me hard so had to reinstate it.
    A 10 percent reduction a week is recommended if you have been on it a fair while similar to benzo’s as your body relies on it.
    I was never told this when I first started it back in 2010 as there wasn’t as many withdrawal experiences or less was known.
    Hope it goes well for you though as everyone is different and length of
    time taken and doseage plays a big part.
    Last edited by sparky10; 23-09-18 at 14:21.

I have capsules so hard to cut down as can’t cut in half

I would talk to your doctor and get a proper withdrawal plan.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I think you can get 50/75/100mg Prg from your doc.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Ive been on 150mg daily for 7 weeks just . I'm wondering if I should try to just stop or taper so im keen to see how you go . Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by tamo View Post
    Ive been on 150mg daily for 7 weeks just . I'm wondering if I should try to just stop or taper so im keen to see how you go
    Going cold-turkey with any psych med is very unwise and even more so with anticonvulsants such as pregabalin (and gabapentin, BZDs). You may be able to cut back relatively quickly given the dose and length of time you've been taking it, but you should discuss this with your GP, or psychiatrist. You'll likely need some lower dose capsules too.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Going cold-turkey with any psych med is very unwise and even more so with anticonvulsants such as pregabalin (and gabapentin, BZDs). You may be able to cut back relatively quickly given the dose and length of time you've been taking it, but you should discuss this with your GP, or psychiatrist. You'll likely need some lower dose capsules too.
    Is there then the question of whether the Preg is masking some of the Benzo withdrawal? If so, they may need to carefully monitor this. Coming off the Preg is likely easy in a quick taper or full stop with such a short period on them but what is underneath from the withdrawal could mean things get worse or rebound,

Sorry didn't realise how old this thread was.
    Last edited by whatisthis; 03-03-20 at 01:24. Reason: Didn't realise it was an old thread

Thread Information