Thread: Freaky palpitation?

Freaky palpitation?

Hey all

I was laying down trying to snooze earlier when all of the sudden I just got this awful spasm/drop feeling right in the center of my chest. It was really weird, not necessarily painful, but I heard a loud *thump* of my heart beating during it. Felt almost like my heart jumped in my chest! This lasted for a few seconds, and then everything went back to normal (besides my heart beating a bit faster since I was so startled). Is this a palpitation? I don't normally get them so I don't know what they feel like.

I was dealing with some acid reflux at the time so maybe it was an esophagus spasm? I'm not sure

Re: Freaky palpitation?

I get that feeling quite often and its usually caused by reflux or gas for me, and isnt to do with the heart at all usually! I would suggest keeping an eye on when you feel it to see if you get it just with reflux or in other circumstances too, though, just to be on the safe side

I get that drop feeling in my chest kind of often (just got it now). it's kind of similar to that feeling, but a bit more intense?

Yeah, mine feels like a sudden drop or beat right in the center of my chest but different to what a normal heart beat would feel like... sort of like the feeling you get when you have a cough and can't catch your breath and your chest goes all rattly. I don't know what causes it other than it's more common after eating and I find sitting up straight instead of crouching over helps 😂

Thread Information