Thread: Flying Solo! Feeling on edge

Flying Solo! Feeling on edge

I'm flying by myself tomorrow, on top of that I have to get a three hour bus ride to the airport first. So up at at 6 am and won't be in the next country to well after 7 pm. I'm also flying by myself. So nerves are high!! Very high.

My heart been beating fast strange and I've been short breathed for days now. I'm saying it's the fear. My IBS is really acting up.

I keep wanting to back out, but it's a wedding of my aunt who's like a second Mam to me so I don't want to let anyone down!!

I have Xanna to take but I don't really find it helpful. Any advice would be lovely x

Re: Flying Solo! Feeling on edge

Hi Sarah! I just came across your post. I wanted to know if you felt better the day of your flight, I know how distressing it can be to travel alone. I find it useful to bring books, music and relaxation audios.
    Hope you enjoyed the wedding and that you had a good time there!

Quote Originally Posted by tamy87 View Post
    Hi Sarah! I just came across your post. I wanted to know if you felt better the day of your flight, I know how distressing it can be to travel alone. I find it useful to bring books, music and relaxation audios.
    Hope you enjoyed the wedding and that you had a good time there!
    I jusy saw this!! Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. The waiting for the flight was defo the worst part! Like we were on the runway for a hour before take off so it built up alot!! But the flight went great! I was lucky there wasn't much bumps!! I followed some advice I actually heard in a podcast. I looked towards the flight crew. They look at easy. Working away, if they are calm and chilled so should I!!

The wedding was fab!! I'm so glad I went. I got a bit of a cold when I came back tho! Thank you so much for replying

Quote Originally Posted by SarahNah View Post
    I jusy saw this!! Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. The waiting for the flight was defo the worst part! Like we were on the runway for a hour before take off so it built up alot!! But the flight went great! I was lucky there wasn't much bumps!! I followed some advice I actually heard in a podcast. I looked towards the flight crew. They look at easy. Working away, if they are calm and chilled so should I!!

The wedding was fab!! I'm so glad I went. I got a bit of a cold when I came back tho! Thank you so much for replying
    I'm glad it went great!! That's a good piece of advice, I'll try that next time I'll have to take a plane . I hope you are feeling well

Thread Information