Hi all,

4 months ago I suffered an acute bout of DPDR which only lasted 2 weeks, but turned out to be the beginning of my problems. Ever since I've been locked in some kind of existential state of terror which seems to primarily be concerned with time. It is like being in a constant low grade panic attack, where my mind is afraid of everything, even my own consciousness, and I'm assailed all day with disturbing mental sensations. Something has happened to my memory also, I do not have memory problems, but I do not feel like I am me in my memories, it is like my mind is disturbed that they are in the past and sensations and emotions are cut off second by second.

I've spent some time in a psychiatric hospital where they could only 'rough guess' at what was happening and the agony has only subsided with liberal use of benzos. I would love for all this wrongness to lift so I could resume my life but deep down I know it isn't going to happen like that. Has anyone else experienced disturbing existential states with DPDR and if so, do you have any advice for someone currently suffering greatly? I was a week from qualifying as a dietitian before this struck and as it stands it has ruined my life and ability to enjoy even a moment. It is also a very isolating experience and feels like my brain is on a parralel timeline to the rest of humanity, I believe i am out of the worst of it but it has taken 4 months just to be non suicidal