Thread: Why can't I shift this HA?! I have serious HA over my son now..

Why can't I shift this HA?! I have serious HA over my son now..

Looking for inspiration!

I think I deal pretty well with my HA. Something pops up and I have a little blip, give my head a wobble and carry on.

However with my son and to some extent my husband, I completely lose the plot.

Last night my son said he looked in the mirror at a friend's house at the weekend and thought his left eye wasn't in the right place. Ever so slightly turned out by like a mm.

I noticed this a few months ago too but said nothing. It's extremely slight and hopefully is just the way he is. My mum said she noticed years ago his eyes appeared different. She said its completely normal. I know were not symmetrical by any means I know that. I've booked him for an eye test anyway as he's overdue. He's 13.

But why can't I just be logical about this? Straight to Google which of course mentioned hideous eye c.....

I try my very best not to show my feelings around my son and tell him we're not symmetrical it's absolutely normal but inside I am a wreck. I couldn't eat my tea and felt full of anxiety the whole evening and find myself staring at his eyes to see if I can see anything.

I need to stop this it is taking over my life and breaking my heart.

I am simply terrified of losing him, he is my sun my moon and all my stars. <3

I have read some of the sticky posts above which have helped slightly. Has anyone found any good ways of stopping this with family? I DO NOT want to pass my fear to my son. Sick and tired of this. I wish I could just stop.

I just don't deal with what ifs very well.

Thanks for reading x

Re: Why can't I shift this HA?! I have serious HA over my son now..

Quote Originally Posted by JValentine View Post
    Looking for inspiration!

I think I deal pretty well with my HA. Something pops up and I have a little blip, give my head a wobble and carry on.

However with my son and to some extent my husband, I completely lose the plot.

Last night my son said he looked in the mirror at a friend's house at the weekend and thought his left eye wasn't in the right place. Ever so slightly turned out by like a mm.

I noticed this a few months ago too but said nothing. It's extremely slight and hopefully is just the way he is. My mum said she noticed years ago his eyes appeared different. She said its completely normal. I know were not symmetrical by any means I know that. I've booked him for an eye test anyway as he's overdue. He's 13.

But why can't I just be logical about this? Straight to Google which of course mentioned hideous eye c.....

I try my very best not to show my feelings around my son and tell him we're not symmetrical it's absolutely normal but inside I am a wreck. I couldn't eat my tea and felt full of anxiety the whole evening and find myself staring at his eyes to see if I can see anything.

I need to stop this it is taking over my life and breaking my heart.

I am simply terrified of losing him, he is my sun my moon and all my stars. <3

I have read some of the sticky posts above which have helped slightly. Has anyone found any good ways of stopping this with family? I DO NOT want to pass my fear to my son. Sick and tired of this. I wish I could just stop.

I just don't deal with what ifs very well.

Thanks for reading x
    I’m so so so sorry you have to deal with this. I suffer the same and wish that no one had to go through this.

Every second I spend away from my daughter I worry about her and every second I spend with her I’m analyzing everything about her. I have never been able to enjoy a moment. The slightest thing sets off complete shaking panic I can’t get control of. At this point I will try anything for relief so I will begin taking Cipralex tomorrow night and hope it gets me to a much more rational place because I feel I am wasting my life worrying every second. Have you tried any anxiety meds?

What I have learned set me off most was googling ANYTHING. Just don’t. Even if you think it’s a harmless thing to look up, it’s not. There is always always something terrifying to find. I will never do that again. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss. I wish I knew much less than I do!

Thread Information