Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCS & EMG

NCS & EMG

I wasn't going to post about this but ....... i'm having this done on Friday and not looking forward to it.

Anybody had these tests done?

Ta Very Much

Re: NCS & EMG

Can you explain what they are?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

National Crime Squad?

What you been up to

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Can you explain what they are?

Not sure which is which but it tests your muscles and nerves.

They place electro pad things rigged up to a computer over your muscles and nerves. I think the muscle study one they insert a needle in to see how well your muscles work and for the nerve study they give it an electric shock.

It might be the other way round if that makes sense. I think i'm having both legs and arms done but not 100% sure. My letter is lacking info.

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    National Crime Squad?

What you been up to
    CMMDS Terry! That's as much as i can say at the mo though.

Oh Nerve Conduction Study - I had them last month

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I've had them done, Matt, along with "evoked potentials". I found them uncomfortable but nothing awful.

Good luck for the tests. At least you will soon have some answers in this long drawn out diagnosis/

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Oh Nerve Conduction Study - I had them last month
    That's the one! Any info would be rather splendid please If you don't mind.

Was yours both the electric and needle stimulation?

I have had both in the past but last month was just the electric one. Not sure what to say really - it doesn't really hurt and it is fairly quick to do. It may make you jump a bit but that is normal.

I got the test results on the day as well and nothing bad was found. I was being tested for a problem with numb arm at night and bad neck pain.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I've had them done, Matt, along with "evoked potentials". I found them uncomfortable but nothing awful.

Good luck for the tests. At least you will soon have some answers in this long drawn out diagnosis/
    Ta Pulisa. I think i'm to have the evoked potential too but not had this come through yet.

My appt is for 45mins to an hour, so i think they're doing all my limbs.

What areas did they do for yours?

Thanks

Arms and legs, needles and electric current. I also had a lumbar puncture on the same day so "The Works" but it made sense as all my neuro tests were completed then and there. I had this done at the Atkinson Morley Hospital.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information