Thread: Fear of early onset Alzheimer’s

Fear of early onset Alzheimer’s

Hi everyone. Having a bit of a bad time at the moment and I’m really worried I have early onset Alzheimer’s or some sort of brain issue.
    Basically I’m quite forgetful at the moment and I went into my local supermarket and was looking in the wrong place for things and felt a bit confused. I’m 34 and I know it’s unlikely as there’s no history in my family. I keep trying to tell myself that I’m very anxious and panicky at the moment and that confusion, scattiness etc are common side effects but I have this horrible fear that I will lose my mind,
    I’ve had bad dp/dr lately too so everything (even familiar places and people) seem off and this is making me more worried that I am showing signs of dementia.
    I know that being panicky does make you distracted but I’m scared this is more than just me beind distracted.

Re: Fear of early onset Alzheimer’s

Quote Originally Posted by Duchesskitty View Post
    Hi everyone. Having a bit of a bad time at the moment and I’m really worried I have early onset Alzheimer’s or some sort of brain issue.
    Basically I’m quite forgetful at the moment and I went into my local supermarket and was looking in the wrong place for things and felt a bit confused. I’m 34 and I know it’s unlikely as there’s no history in my family. I keep trying to tell myself that I’m very anxious and panicky at the moment and that confusion, scattiness etc are common side effects but I have this horrible fear that I will lose my mind,
    I’ve had bad dp/dr lately too so everything (even familiar places and people) seem off and this is making me more worried that I am showing signs of dementia.
    I know that being panicky does make you distracted but I’m scared this is more than just me beind distracted.
    Hey Ducheskitty... I have been having issues with brain fog and tiredenss after eating and some memory.. Of course also stomach issues that started later on.. Of course my mind wonders and thinks of every bad thing it could be but my Doc is not too worried and seems to think it may be hypothyroidism.. Sounds to me like you may want to check that along with some other simple blood tests first..

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Re: Fear of early onset Alzheimer’s

Quote Originally Posted by richieron446 View Post
    Hey Ducheskitty... I have been having issues with brain fog and tiredenss after eating and some memory.. Of course also stomach issues that started later on.. Of course my mind wonders and thinks of every bad thing it could be but my Doc is not too worried and seems to think it may be hypothyroidism.. Sounds to me like you may want to check that along with some other simple blood tests first..

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Rich. I just get so freaked out. It’s like my brain goes all blank. My other half thinks a lot of it is because I’m so anxious I’m not paying attention to what I’m doing properly, then when I am forgetful, it makes me more anxious: it’s a vicious cycle.

Thread Information