Hello! This is weird considering this comes immediately after another squirrel+rabies post, but I feel the need to post this as it differs in nature to the other post today.

About 7 weeks back I was feeding a squirrel (stupid I know) and it bit me on the finger, rather deep and drew blood. Afterwards I washed the finger with a bunch of antibacterial gel, went to the A&E to get a tetanus jab and a week course of antibiotics.

I have been intermittently really quite anxious about the possibility of rabies. It's like my mind is split, logically I know that is basically impossible. I live in the UK, rabies has not been in the UK for almost a century, the only people who've died of rabies here did so after catching it abroad, and even if rabies were here rodents rarely live long enough after being infected to transmit it.

But there's this bit of me that comes up every now and then and goes 'what if'. I can't quite explain it but it keeps getting into my head, and my reasoning can't simply dispel it. I've even thought of seeing if a can pay for the rabies vaccine to eliminate these thoughts, but I know, rationally, that would not only be a waste of money, but also a waste of NHS time that could be used on someone that actually requires attention.

I'm hoping to use this forum just to express these irrational thoughts, and get some affirmation that these thoughts are indeed irrational and that I shouldn't waste the time of any NHS staff with these concerns. I'd like to use this as a place I can go back to and re-read, so that I can ease these worries.

Thanks in advance for using your time to aid this Misguided Doddle.