Thread: Can someone Please Help me with my MS/Guillain Barre Fears?

Foot Constantly Feeling like It's Asleep MS fears??

Hello everyone,

For the past day or so, Whenever I sat for an extended period of time, my feet would fall asleep.

However, even after I stood up and walked around for a while, my toes on both feet would continue to feel prickly and uncomfortable. The prickly feeling is still there today...

Is this Guillain Barre Syndrome or MS?

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

Anyone?? Please Help.

Does anyone know if this is how Guillain Barre Syndrome Starts? I've read online that tingling and prickly toes is how it starts!!

PLEASE HELP!!

---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

Anyone??

Can someone Please Help me with my MS/Guillain Barre Fears?

I posted this once before, but its been over a day and nobody has replied.

For about 1.5 days, the outer edge of my big toe and the bottom part of my foot right behind my big toe on BOTH FEET, felt all prickly and sensitive.

The sensation is kind of there now. It seems to subside a little when I walk around, but returns when I check again.

When I take my socks off, my big toe and half of my second toe feel numb on both feet.

Is this MS???

I heard about a guy whose whole body went numb in its initial flare.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?!!!!

Re: Can someone Please Help me with my MS/Guillain Barre Fears?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Can someone Please Help me with my MS/Guillain Barre Fears?

MS was my first big health anxiety flare. I had some very scary symptoms that I was convinced must have been neurological, but in the end turned out to be a mix of anxiety and a slight B12 deficiency. I still get the symptoms, but because I'm used to them and ignore them they go away very quickly, and I just use them as a sign I'm getting stressed.

Obviously no-one on this forum can diagnose illness, but anxiety gives you a whole range of neurological-style symptoms. Partly because your body is reacting to a falsely-triggered fight or flight response, and then a health anxious mind dwells and overfocuses on minor blips and teaches the brain they're something to be worried about. This cycle repeats and spirals out of control.

To be honest a vague symptom that's only lasted a day or two isn't worth jumping to any scary conclusion about anyway. It could be anxiety, a posture thing, an allergy, the way your shoes are rubbing, or just one of those things - and it will more than likely go away if you stop focusing on it. MS is very rare, and all the mundane reasons that can cause a few foot tingles aren't.

I heard about a guy whose whole body went numb in its initial flare.
    A disease like MS usually presents along a single nerve, and therefore wouldn't present bilaterally like that. However if you're going to Google until you find the scary outlier cases this kind of information won't help reassure you. :(

Thread Information