Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: False ocd thoughts

False ocd thoughts

I have been battling these for weeks now

Few examples:

* I get a thought I pooped myself or peed myself
    *I get a clean towel for a shower and I have to take another as I get a thought saying it’s dirty.
    *Some food from the supermarket fridge was wet and I also bought shampoo to my head said don’t eat it shampoo leaked.
    *Thoughts im not clean after going to toilet.
    *I take a clean top and get ocd thought that it’s dirty
    *Thouhts I’ve not washed my hands even right after washing
    *Thoughts the world isn’t real.

Sometimes the thoughts in the past were so powerful I would cross the road and worry I was run down?

How can I tackle these thoughts? So far therapy ain’t working. The thoughts just distress me more and I can play out a whole situation in my head and almost believe it. I can make myself 90% sure a top was dirty.

Right now I battle these ocd thoughts daily and worry nobody else’s life is real. The ocd is quite powerful and controlling right now.

I reckon I will give up on therapy soon spend hundreds of pounds with zero results all that’s happening is worse ocd pattens are developing. I’ve stopped my ocd replacing but instead I’m dealing with these false thoughts instead?
    Last edited by phil06; 27-09-18 at 19:06.

Re: False ocd thoughts

Your head is full of negativity towards your progress. You think you’re not improving but you are, you think you can’t afford it, but you can. You’re adding more anxiety by worrying about your progress, your wedding, your honeymoon.

Try adding some positivity, congratulate yourself on the compulsions that you have managed to ignore and you’ve had no negative effects from.

Continue to ignore the new compulsions, rationalise your response, argue with your ocd compulsions. You know you don’t need a new towel, you know you’re clean, you know these thoughts are just negative thoughts, they aren’t real. Tell them to bog off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Bog off" !! That's a great one for contamination issues!!

Nowt like a bit of humour when you're challenging your OCD, Phil!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    "Bog off" !! That's a great one for contamination issues!!

Nowt like a bit of humour when you're challenging your OCD, Phil!
    And "kiss my ass", a step on the exposure hierarchy

I’ve had more ocd thoughts that I pooped myself and want to thrown my clothes away. I get the thought when I go to the toilet before I shower and I wipe my backside it was clean but I worry it wasn’t so my ocd makes me want to chuck clothes away anyone help?

ermm dont wear clothes

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    ermm dont wear clothes
    I get these thoughts when I take clothes off and take a shower I go to the toilet and do it and worry I pooped myself and next I want to toss my clothes away

ocd is a horrible thing l to suffer from it l have to fight my demons everything day, as you know you need to kick it up the arse as its going to totally consume your life xx
    Best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    ermm dont wear clothes
    You would get struck off if you were a therapist

I tried delaying response but that never worked I threw them away. There was a pile of other dirty washing I want to toss the whole lot but I resisted my head says “if I wash them and put my phone or wallet in the pocket they will be dirty and the sofa too” so I gave in.

She has started some exposure therapy however she tried get me to reduce hand washing, delay too and now she’s moved on to writing down how many thoughts I get. She seems to try something new each month.

She says my ocd is severe so I think that’s why she is trying different tactics because rather than obsessively clean I throw away and replace stuff so it’s an expensive habit and causing me lots of stress.

what else can I do to beat this?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information